Jubilate duty
Gosh I'm so tired from Friday and Saturday. I'm under Refreshments, so our main job is to hand out the dinner boxes, hand out water, and to ensure that everywhere is clean.
Friday. My first Jubilate duty. When we got to the loading bay, we found hundreds of boxes on the table, packed into bags of ten boxes each. No, literally and seriously hundreds. So when the first CCA group came, it was about 4pm and we had to start handing out the boxes and spoons, while Melissa and Justine went around, carrying a box full bottled water. Not exactly bottles actually, more like cups with straws that came separately. Oh, while the first group were getting their boxes, three dropped from their bag and spilled on the floor! Rachel had to squat under the table, while I was beside it with a trash bag, pushing food with my spoon into Rachel's. Yes, must have looked quite stupid but I don't care.
Anyway, then Rachel and I went around with the empty plastic bags, picking up food and litter. Actually, that's what we did for the whole day. Non-stop. And mind you, we didn't have any tissue to pick up the food dropped on tables or the floor...
Dinner was .... well we had boxes with our names on it, and when CCA groups came we had to stop eating and hand out the usual. Only then could we continue with our meal. At least it was only interrupted once. But Friday was fun!
Saturday. Rachel was taken over by Adeline, and Yutian by Sarah Ong. But some how I partnered with Sarah and Adeline with Peiying. My angel! Haha some bonding between angel and mortal. We still haven't gotten to sit down properly and talk. We had a short briefing, after which I briefed Sarah on our duties. Anyway, first we went around the rooms, telling the performers that eating anywhere other than the loading bay was strictly prohibited. Well I did all the talking as Sarah was kind of... embarrassed. Finally the first group came and our work began. We had tissue! The big rolls from toilets, so two of us went around with them hanging from our arms. The same thing, without the dropping of boxes fortunately.
Once, my Chinese teacher who taught me in term1 07 came up to me and said in chinese,"I've been observing you these two days and you're actually very hardworking." I wanted to protest but she was gone...
One thing that I cannot take is that a teacher came up to me and Sarah, asking us to clear up food dropped on the table! Like who do you think we are, servants, to be taken for granted for? I mean, this is our duty, not our job. It's totally different.
After dinner, we went around, picking litter from the dressing rooms. We forgot about it on Friday. Between Sarah and I, we had to pick litter from the rooms on the second floor, emptying bins. The primary dance room was the worse, bits of their costume drop everywhere! The teacher told us to give up so we did, it was futile anyway since the bits were always dropping.
When we arrived at first(Sat), we found a dustbin waiting for us! But we found that the trash bag inside had slipped and it was almost empty, with the rest of the rubbish in the metal can, outside the bag. I had to take out the trash bag and the metal can, carefully cover the can with the bag, then tip the can over. It was super gross! Heavy too. Good thing I had help from Mr Edmund.
When Mr Edmund called us for a briefing, he said,"This is the first time I'm working with you Guides, and it has been a pleasant experience. I'm quite impressed, you are willing to pick up rubbish from the floor, empty the rubbish bin(looks at me)(everyone laughs). Hope to work with you again, and I think you guys deserve a round of applause." At that point, I really felt like it was worth all the hard work, to do our duty well, no matter how dirty it was. Though I was feeling a little faint... but a few minutes of rest did the job.
Then at 9 we had to make coffee and tea for the VIPs, while some carried plates of food. But at 9.15 those who were taking school transport had to rush of for the bus. But we still had to help hold the guzhens that had no one to hold them.
Then we had to help bring the instruments down and into the room to keep them.
Few minutes later, our job was finally done! I almost shouted to joy!
Me and Sarah walked to the bus stop, though I got up 76 which came before 268 (Sarah's bus), by orders from Sarah. -shrugs-
Hour later, I got home :)
Then SLEEP!
Praise the Lord C:
Friday. My first Jubilate duty. When we got to the loading bay, we found hundreds of boxes on the table, packed into bags of ten boxes each. No, literally and seriously hundreds. So when the first CCA group came, it was about 4pm and we had to start handing out the boxes and spoons, while Melissa and Justine went around, carrying a box full bottled water. Not exactly bottles actually, more like cups with straws that came separately. Oh, while the first group were getting their boxes, three dropped from their bag and spilled on the floor! Rachel had to squat under the table, while I was beside it with a trash bag, pushing food with my spoon into Rachel's. Yes, must have looked quite stupid but I don't care.
Anyway, then Rachel and I went around with the empty plastic bags, picking up food and litter. Actually, that's what we did for the whole day. Non-stop. And mind you, we didn't have any tissue to pick up the food dropped on tables or the floor...
Dinner was .... well we had boxes with our names on it, and when CCA groups came we had to stop eating and hand out the usual. Only then could we continue with our meal. At least it was only interrupted once. But Friday was fun!
Saturday. Rachel was taken over by Adeline, and Yutian by Sarah Ong. But some how I partnered with Sarah and Adeline with Peiying. My angel! Haha some bonding between angel and mortal. We still haven't gotten to sit down properly and talk. We had a short briefing, after which I briefed Sarah on our duties. Anyway, first we went around the rooms, telling the performers that eating anywhere other than the loading bay was strictly prohibited. Well I did all the talking as Sarah was kind of... embarrassed. Finally the first group came and our work began. We had tissue! The big rolls from toilets, so two of us went around with them hanging from our arms. The same thing, without the dropping of boxes fortunately.
Once, my Chinese teacher who taught me in term1 07 came up to me and said in chinese,"I've been observing you these two days and you're actually very hardworking." I wanted to protest but she was gone...
One thing that I cannot take is that a teacher came up to me and Sarah, asking us to clear up food dropped on the table! Like who do you think we are, servants, to be taken for granted for? I mean, this is our duty, not our job. It's totally different.
After dinner, we went around, picking litter from the dressing rooms. We forgot about it on Friday. Between Sarah and I, we had to pick litter from the rooms on the second floor, emptying bins. The primary dance room was the worse, bits of their costume drop everywhere! The teacher told us to give up so we did, it was futile anyway since the bits were always dropping.
When we arrived at first(Sat), we found a dustbin waiting for us! But we found that the trash bag inside had slipped and it was almost empty, with the rest of the rubbish in the metal can, outside the bag. I had to take out the trash bag and the metal can, carefully cover the can with the bag, then tip the can over. It was super gross! Heavy too. Good thing I had help from Mr Edmund.
When Mr Edmund called us for a briefing, he said,"This is the first time I'm working with you Guides, and it has been a pleasant experience. I'm quite impressed, you are willing to pick up rubbish from the floor, empty the rubbish bin(looks at me)(everyone laughs). Hope to work with you again, and I think you guys deserve a round of applause." At that point, I really felt like it was worth all the hard work, to do our duty well, no matter how dirty it was. Though I was feeling a little faint... but a few minutes of rest did the job.
Then at 9 we had to make coffee and tea for the VIPs, while some carried plates of food. But at 9.15 those who were taking school transport had to rush of for the bus. But we still had to help hold the guzhens that had no one to hold them.
Then we had to help bring the instruments down and into the room to keep them.
Few minutes later, our job was finally done! I almost shouted to joy!
Me and Sarah walked to the bus stop, though I got up 76 which came before 268 (Sarah's bus), by orders from Sarah. -shrugs-
Hour later, I got home :)
Then SLEEP!
Praise the Lord C:
Comments