Precamp
Precamp was fun! But super tiring....
Oh Xunmin, Hilda, May and Rachel Tay came back! Lots of JC2s as well! Finally got to know who Kaili is :)
My dad drove me to school, so I was super early, like 7. There were some other guides, mainly CG. After a while Janice came and I had to help her to tie her cord. Then Vanessa came. My mortal! I had to summon up my courage just to go up to her and say hi. Then Janine came and I had to help her and Janice burn their cord, and tie Janine's cord properly. And Janice's cord, but a few seconds later Hilda blew the whistle to fall in and it was a mad rush to tie her cord while running down stairs. But I made it, though not very nice...
Then we had to pitch a NPCC tent, and teach the sec1s as we go along. As soon as we had finished, we had to strike it! Ah well instructions are orders.
Then we had a 20 minutes break, and off to the peacock area for axemanship! Fun! Xunmin lectured us on the theory part and then we did practical. We finally managed to split wood! In fact, two pieces of wood! So happy :D
After that was straight to gadgets. We got poles and taught the sec1s how to tie clove hitch, square lashing and diagonal lash. Then to put them into practice, we made a shoe rack and clothesline. Our knots were a little messy, shape of structure a little crooked, but at least the knots were tight. Or maybe because of the rain.
Later, the JC2s used the gateway structure to demonstate how a watch tower looks like, and gadget poles to demonstrate a swing.
There was supposed to be a session when we teach the sec1s campfire songs but it was canceled so I just helped to untie the gateway. Well, thats when the skin on my burn came off. I had to go and find Hilda, who was just about to leave, by orders from Carol and the very same Sarah C:
I still remember that last year during backdrop, it was Hilda too who administered to my cut. Against all protests haha :D
Sadly I can't go for tomorrow's precamp, which includes enrolment ceromany, as I will be going for church camp. Sad.
Church camp will be great! And congratz, sec1 guides!
Oh Xunmin, Hilda, May and Rachel Tay came back! Lots of JC2s as well! Finally got to know who Kaili is :)
My dad drove me to school, so I was super early, like 7. There were some other guides, mainly CG. After a while Janice came and I had to help her to tie her cord. Then Vanessa came. My mortal! I had to summon up my courage just to go up to her and say hi. Then Janine came and I had to help her and Janice burn their cord, and tie Janine's cord properly. And Janice's cord, but a few seconds later Hilda blew the whistle to fall in and it was a mad rush to tie her cord while running down stairs. But I made it, though not very nice...
Then we had to pitch a NPCC tent, and teach the sec1s as we go along. As soon as we had finished, we had to strike it! Ah well instructions are orders.
Then we had a 20 minutes break, and off to the peacock area for axemanship! Fun! Xunmin lectured us on the theory part and then we did practical. We finally managed to split wood! In fact, two pieces of wood! So happy :D
After that was straight to gadgets. We got poles and taught the sec1s how to tie clove hitch, square lashing and diagonal lash. Then to put them into practice, we made a shoe rack and clothesline. Our knots were a little messy, shape of structure a little crooked, but at least the knots were tight. Or maybe because of the rain.
Later, the JC2s used the gateway structure to demonstate how a watch tower looks like, and gadget poles to demonstrate a swing.
There was supposed to be a session when we teach the sec1s campfire songs but it was canceled so I just helped to untie the gateway. Well, thats when the skin on my burn came off. I had to go and find Hilda, who was just about to leave, by orders from Carol and the very same Sarah C:
I still remember that last year during backdrop, it was Hilda too who administered to my cut. Against all protests haha :D
Sadly I can't go for tomorrow's precamp, which includes enrolment ceromany, as I will be going for church camp. Sad.
Church camp will be great! And congratz, sec1 guides!
Comments