Ayrwaves 08
Wednesday
Wednesday was international day, so after breakfast we had to bring tables from our marquee to the main marquee. Then we had to collect our lunches and set up our stall. After setting up, I going around to see the other stalls because it wasn't my turn to do duty yet.
There were many Canadian stalls, some showcasing their patches, and infomation on their country and province. Some taught games, others craft. There were about three stalls from England, doing badge-making, games and food. Scottish Guides did games mostly, face painting, crafts and even cooked on the spot! The Welsh Guides were cooking Welsh cakes, though they looked more like big biscuits. We? We did Henna, lantern/fish making, and making five stones. I was supposed to do Henna, but got transfered to five stones. I'm better at sewing anyway.
The international displays were in a seperate tent, and each country had put up one.
After packing up everything Sam played with us the 'Yes or No' game, where you cannot answer with yes or no. Linda joined us near the end. But by the end, we had added so many words that you can't say yes, no, maybe, perhaps, why(due to Ruth the Guide), don't know, of course, know(is no), definitely. Haha we were so good less than 10 people were out!
After having dinner, we had to change into our traditional costumes. Mine was a pink top with black bottoms. Haha all of them were staring at me(that's so pretty!) it was kind of awkward, but it was a good feeling.
Later, we all headed to the main marquee for International Entertainment, when the different countries/province puts up a performance. I really like the Canadian's who were from Campbell. They used wooden spoons held together to form a 'tune', by hitting against their/the other person's thigh and their left hand which is always above where they are hitting. Oh they were sitting in a semi-circle facing out. The Ireland Guides did a tin whistle performance, and a traditional folk dance. Problem is that Ruth(Guider) brought the wrong CD(rock?!) so Shannon had to sing it out with us audience helping. We, did Singapore town, Munneru Valiba, Chan Mali Chan and Home. It went quite well. And Sophie taught me a new phrase, 'break a leg' which means good luck. Not that you actually break your leg.
After everything, we changed out, had supper and got ready to sleep. But I couldn't, because of some things(Janjan, you know what I mean). So Margaret brought me to Linda for a talk, and, dear Linda looked so keen to help that I really wanted to tell her everything but all I could manage was "just feeling lonely" which was so not true. And she said "Well loneliness is a form of homesickness" and I felt so bad. Then she said "Your performance tonight was lovely. I think your costumes are very nice" and it was said with conviction. Then Alex-ann came and she was crying and homesick because she missed her mum, and I couldn't help crying also, and Dawn had to hug Alex-ann. Abigail told me the next day that she cried during 'Home'. After I explain(no not about that person) Linda asked if I would like a walk around camp(whole camp) and Lorna could accompany me. Then I said I'll just walk around camp(Campbell) but we misunderstood each other so I didn't after all and went to sleep after lying in my bag for a while.
Wednesday was international day, so after breakfast we had to bring tables from our marquee to the main marquee. Then we had to collect our lunches and set up our stall. After setting up, I going around to see the other stalls because it wasn't my turn to do duty yet.
There were many Canadian stalls, some showcasing their patches, and infomation on their country and province. Some taught games, others craft. There were about three stalls from England, doing badge-making, games and food. Scottish Guides did games mostly, face painting, crafts and even cooked on the spot! The Welsh Guides were cooking Welsh cakes, though they looked more like big biscuits. We? We did Henna, lantern/fish making, and making five stones. I was supposed to do Henna, but got transfered to five stones. I'm better at sewing anyway.
The international displays were in a seperate tent, and each country had put up one.
After packing up everything Sam played with us the 'Yes or No' game, where you cannot answer with yes or no. Linda joined us near the end. But by the end, we had added so many words that you can't say yes, no, maybe, perhaps, why(due to Ruth the Guide), don't know, of course, know(is no), definitely. Haha we were so good less than 10 people were out!
After having dinner, we had to change into our traditional costumes. Mine was a pink top with black bottoms. Haha all of them were staring at me(that's so pretty!) it was kind of awkward, but it was a good feeling.
Later, we all headed to the main marquee for International Entertainment, when the different countries/province puts up a performance. I really like the Canadian's who were from Campbell. They used wooden spoons held together to form a 'tune', by hitting against their/the other person's thigh and their left hand which is always above where they are hitting. Oh they were sitting in a semi-circle facing out. The Ireland Guides did a tin whistle performance, and a traditional folk dance. Problem is that Ruth(Guider) brought the wrong CD(rock?!) so Shannon had to sing it out with us audience helping. We, did Singapore town, Munneru Valiba, Chan Mali Chan and Home. It went quite well. And Sophie taught me a new phrase, 'break a leg' which means good luck. Not that you actually break your leg.
After everything, we changed out, had supper and got ready to sleep. But I couldn't, because of some things(Janjan, you know what I mean). So Margaret brought me to Linda for a talk, and, dear Linda looked so keen to help that I really wanted to tell her everything but all I could manage was "just feeling lonely" which was so not true. And she said "Well loneliness is a form of homesickness" and I felt so bad. Then she said "Your performance tonight was lovely. I think your costumes are very nice" and it was said with conviction. Then Alex-ann came and she was crying and homesick because she missed her mum, and I couldn't help crying also, and Dawn had to hug Alex-ann. Abigail told me the next day that she cried during 'Home'. After I explain(no not about that person) Linda asked if I would like a walk around camp(whole camp) and Lorna could accompany me. Then I said I'll just walk around camp(Campbell) but we misunderstood each other so I didn't after all and went to sleep after lying in my bag for a while.
Comments