Ayrwaves 08

Thursday
Thursday was Culzean Castle, and about sixty of us from the whole camp went. From Campbell there was the nine of us, together with Jessica Ross, Anita(I can't spell her name but it sounds like this) and Elaine(Canadian Guider). We left at around 9.45, and I sat on the bus with Jess and Anita.
At the castle, I went around with Angeline as usual, and we walked towards the main castle, where we had our lunch(outside the building of course). I managed to buy a book at the Clock tower shop. Then we all went in for the tour, which was just fantastic! The inside and outside of the whole castle was designed by the famous Robert Adams. The main entrance was decorated using 716 pistols and 500 blades, all bought from London! Then there was also the Oval Staircase(there wasn't enough space for a circular one), the Saloon(the Lady's room, with a wonderful view of the river).
After the tour Jess, Anita, Angeline and I walked around together as they didn't have a watch. We went to the Swan Pond, the Walled Garden, Candies at Culzean, then back to the entrance where we visited the shop. Then we sat at a table outside, and some Canadian Guides came over to talk with me and Angeline. At 3, we headed back to camp.
We reached camp at 5, and I went into the marquee. Linda and Sam said "Rebecca?" and Linda said "See I'm getting to know your name already" and Sam "Oh I was just guessing her name". Then Linda asked how was Culzean Castle and what was there(she told me the last time she was there was when she was smaller then her wheelchair) so I handed her the brochure and told her that we got a tour around the castle(you couldn't in the past). After putting down my pouch I went back and tried making S'mores. You hold your marshmallow over the candle til it catches fire and you blow it out. Do the same until the whole mallow is burnt. Then you melt choco buttons and put it with the mallow between two biscuits. Mine wasn't that good but it was yummy all the same.
After dinner, was Campfire and Talent Show. So many new song like 'Black Socks', 'Pax Lodge song', my fav 'On My Honour', 'Penguins', 'Auld Laud Syne' and many more! After each Clan took their turn in leading a song(except Clan Grant) they would put up their Talent Show which can be individual or group. We led the song 'O-ah-lay-lay' and Courtney and Alex-ann performed Highland Dancing. 4 Guiders from Clan Gordon taught us the actions to 'Big Fish', it was their song and Talent Show. I was sharing the song sheet with Muireean.
Then was supper, chatting. Muireean came over and hugged me who was standing at one side, saying "You look sad" and I was so touched. Anyway after chatting we all went to sleep.

Comments