Ayrwaves 2008
Monday
You'll find me as one of the first to wake up every morning. Anyway, we got some hot water from the water tent and brought it to the wash tent. After washing up was breakfast(French toast!) and then we had to prepare to go to Loudoun castle theme park. We foxes also had to do water duty, and I remember the 3 Scots staring at me(why are you so strong?) as I filled the containers with water and carried it back(I tell yea it was heavy!). It was Margaret's birthday so we sang her a song at Colours(9am).
Loudoun castle theme park is quite small actually. But the rides are good! I tried to go on this roller coaster that had a 360, which was fun but over before you know it.
There was also a mini roller coaster, 4-seater. It's around 2.5 storeys high, and you are constantly being knocked around, your shoulder jarring into your friend's sitting beside you, at the end of it we were all rubbing our shoulders. We went for it twice!
And we went on this planet thing with a ring and swings hanging from the ring. So you just have to sit and the next moment you find yourself flying! I mean, it really makes you feel like you can touch the sky! Really cool.
I also went for a Meteorite and a Tractor ride. Then was lunch(corn beef! Mm...), an apple and biscuits. As always, with a drink to wash it down. Then we walked around, and got seperated, so me and Angel were together so we visited the gift shop. Then back to the entrance to wait for the rest. That's all for Monday!
Tuesday
The usual thing in the morning. My activities were Amati(10-12am) and Cellidh Dancing(2-4pm). And boy, were they fun!
Amati is basically painting on bark paper that traditional Mexicans make. There were quite a few designs for us to choose from, and we just had to fill it in with bright colours. It was so fun, and mine turned out splendid! Everyone at my table was going Wow at mine, no exaggeration there. Well, they were talking non-stop, and I hardly said a word, though listen I did. Then was lunch, but after finishing I got Linda's permission to go back to the playbarn to finish it. And after painting you touch it up with a black marker and voila! Nicely done!
Then I went back for Ceilidh dancing, which was totally fun! I've always enjoyed traditional folk dances, and was told by my Guiders I was a good dancer on Friday, which I will touch on later. We started of with a Canadian Barn dance, which goes:
In pairs, form a circle with all facing anti-clockwise. Start with your inside foot, 3 steps and kick(outer foot), then back to original positions without turning around. Inside person then walks in for 3, while outer person walks out, then all clap, then back to the first position. Partners join hands, take two steps to the side, then back. Then spin around for 8. So the timing's: 1,2,3, kick. Back,2,3, together. 1,2,3,clap. Back,2,3,together. Side,side. Side,side. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
Alright, then we did the Dashing white sergeant, which is done with 3 couples and common at weddings. And it's my favourite! Shalln't bother to post it here, too long.
Then we did two other dances: Gay Gordon, also my fav and popular throughout Scotland(you can't leave Scotland without doing the Gay Gordon, Linda would later tell me), and Strip the Willow, an energetic dance that requires 4 couples. That's all for now, will continue next time!
You'll find me as one of the first to wake up every morning. Anyway, we got some hot water from the water tent and brought it to the wash tent. After washing up was breakfast(French toast!) and then we had to prepare to go to Loudoun castle theme park. We foxes also had to do water duty, and I remember the 3 Scots staring at me(why are you so strong?) as I filled the containers with water and carried it back(I tell yea it was heavy!). It was Margaret's birthday so we sang her a song at Colours(9am).
Loudoun castle theme park is quite small actually. But the rides are good! I tried to go on this roller coaster that had a 360, which was fun but over before you know it.
There was also a mini roller coaster, 4-seater. It's around 2.5 storeys high, and you are constantly being knocked around, your shoulder jarring into your friend's sitting beside you, at the end of it we were all rubbing our shoulders. We went for it twice!
And we went on this planet thing with a ring and swings hanging from the ring. So you just have to sit and the next moment you find yourself flying! I mean, it really makes you feel like you can touch the sky! Really cool.
I also went for a Meteorite and a Tractor ride. Then was lunch(corn beef! Mm...), an apple and biscuits. As always, with a drink to wash it down. Then we walked around, and got seperated, so me and Angel were together so we visited the gift shop. Then back to the entrance to wait for the rest. That's all for Monday!
Tuesday
The usual thing in the morning. My activities were Amati(10-12am) and Cellidh Dancing(2-4pm). And boy, were they fun!
Amati is basically painting on bark paper that traditional Mexicans make. There were quite a few designs for us to choose from, and we just had to fill it in with bright colours. It was so fun, and mine turned out splendid! Everyone at my table was going Wow at mine, no exaggeration there. Well, they were talking non-stop, and I hardly said a word, though listen I did. Then was lunch, but after finishing I got Linda's permission to go back to the playbarn to finish it. And after painting you touch it up with a black marker and voila! Nicely done!
Then I went back for Ceilidh dancing, which was totally fun! I've always enjoyed traditional folk dances, and was told by my Guiders I was a good dancer on Friday, which I will touch on later. We started of with a Canadian Barn dance, which goes:
In pairs, form a circle with all facing anti-clockwise. Start with your inside foot, 3 steps and kick(outer foot), then back to original positions without turning around. Inside person then walks in for 3, while outer person walks out, then all clap, then back to the first position. Partners join hands, take two steps to the side, then back. Then spin around for 8. So the timing's: 1,2,3, kick. Back,2,3, together. 1,2,3,clap. Back,2,3,together. Side,side. Side,side. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
Alright, then we did the Dashing white sergeant, which is done with 3 couples and common at weddings. And it's my favourite! Shalln't bother to post it here, too long.
Then we did two other dances: Gay Gordon, also my fav and popular throughout Scotland(you can't leave Scotland without doing the Gay Gordon, Linda would later tell me), and Strip the Willow, an energetic dance that requires 4 couples. That's all for now, will continue next time!
Comments