Homestay
Right, shall just give a (late) recount of Edinburgh, and the last day of our Scotland trip.
Monday
I woke up early in the morning, around 6.30, so I had a shower. Mrs Crawford was up already as Mr Crawford has to wake up at 5 for work. It was a good thing I did as we had to set off early. Awhile later I was asked to wake the other girls and we had breakfast. The two helped to wash up our bowls while I went up to get my pouch, cap and jacket ready. After that, I helped Mrs Crawford to pack our lunches into plastic bags. We each had 3 slices of bread cut into 4 and made into lil sandwiches, of which 3 had red cheese and 3 had roast turkey(yum!).
Then we boarded the BB minibus Mr Crawford had rented, went to fetch the Waldron girls, Ms Norizan and Margaret Kennedy, and off we went. Maddy, Heidi and her 2 friends came along. I think it took an hour plus to reach there, and we met someone whom I suspect to be Maddy's uncle.
We took a bus to the city, and went to see the fair. According to Mrs Kay Corr, this was a fair where designers sold their original products, and only takes place in August, in celebration of The Tattoo. The Tattoo is when military bands from around the world gather at the square in front of Edinburgh Castle to perform.
Anyway, Maddy, Angeline and I went around together, buying gifts for family and friends. I managed to get a notebook and a wee card for Mortal. There was also this Singaporean who was selling beautiful and dear cards that were 3D. It was really cool, seeing so many items, especially necklaces. Then we had lunch at the nearby Prinsep street park.
After that, we went to the nearby shops to look around, and then walked a distance to Edinburgh Castle. Unfortunately you have to pay 10pounds to get in so we just looked around at the castle shop. After that we walked along the street, popping into shops and seeing people dressed up trying to advertise for a certain concert. One had a few people dressed in straightcoats like mad people from an asylum, another had people lying on the floor covered with blood. It was all really funny to see. I managed to get a wee kilt for my li'l sis, using Margaret's words.
Then, we went to a shopping centre, and we walked around in our groups. Then a bus back to the minibus, then to a 'shopping centre' which was more like a row of shops out of nowhere. Oh, there was this real awesome art shop where I was so tempted, but no I didn't see the need. After that we went to somewhere in Port Glasgow to eat really good Fish-n-chips. Well, we were late and they were closing, but in the end the chef still cooked for us, though the only option was Fish-n-chips. And they serve it with mashed peas(yum)!
By the time we were home, it was close to 11.
Monday
I woke up early in the morning, around 6.30, so I had a shower. Mrs Crawford was up already as Mr Crawford has to wake up at 5 for work. It was a good thing I did as we had to set off early. Awhile later I was asked to wake the other girls and we had breakfast. The two helped to wash up our bowls while I went up to get my pouch, cap and jacket ready. After that, I helped Mrs Crawford to pack our lunches into plastic bags. We each had 3 slices of bread cut into 4 and made into lil sandwiches, of which 3 had red cheese and 3 had roast turkey(yum!).
Then we boarded the BB minibus Mr Crawford had rented, went to fetch the Waldron girls, Ms Norizan and Margaret Kennedy, and off we went. Maddy, Heidi and her 2 friends came along. I think it took an hour plus to reach there, and we met someone whom I suspect to be Maddy's uncle.
We took a bus to the city, and went to see the fair. According to Mrs Kay Corr, this was a fair where designers sold their original products, and only takes place in August, in celebration of The Tattoo. The Tattoo is when military bands from around the world gather at the square in front of Edinburgh Castle to perform.
Anyway, Maddy, Angeline and I went around together, buying gifts for family and friends. I managed to get a notebook and a wee card for Mortal. There was also this Singaporean who was selling beautiful and dear cards that were 3D. It was really cool, seeing so many items, especially necklaces. Then we had lunch at the nearby Prinsep street park.
After that, we went to the nearby shops to look around, and then walked a distance to Edinburgh Castle. Unfortunately you have to pay 10pounds to get in so we just looked around at the castle shop. After that we walked along the street, popping into shops and seeing people dressed up trying to advertise for a certain concert. One had a few people dressed in straightcoats like mad people from an asylum, another had people lying on the floor covered with blood. It was all really funny to see. I managed to get a wee kilt for my li'l sis, using Margaret's words.
Then, we went to a shopping centre, and we walked around in our groups. Then a bus back to the minibus, then to a 'shopping centre' which was more like a row of shops out of nowhere. Oh, there was this real awesome art shop where I was so tempted, but no I didn't see the need. After that we went to somewhere in Port Glasgow to eat really good Fish-n-chips. Well, we were late and they were closing, but in the end the chef still cooked for us, though the only option was Fish-n-chips. And they serve it with mashed peas(yum)!
By the time we were home, it was close to 11.
Comments