Chiang Rai, March '09

Day 5
Woke up at 0550 because of the roosters. All of us will miss them. Packed our bags, folded up our bedsheets and blankets, stacked up the mattresses and pillows. Brought our luggage to the void deck.
Had breakfast, which was fried rice with soup. Did wash-up duty again. Helped the teachers to bring in their utensils as usual. Mrs Gurung asked why am I always on duty. Well, no but just because I'm not on duty doesn't mean I can't help those around me, right? Guide law 2 and 3.
Gave sweets to Umpon, Yupin, Yupun and some others. Gave notes to Umpon and the twins.
Hugged Umpon one last time, and listened to her heartbeat. Sat in the mini bus, waiting to leave to Big C. Cried while we waved goodbye to the kids, especially Yupin, who gave me a tiny smile finally. Mr John drew a heart on the window with the word Thank in the middle. Then we left the Home for good. I was the only one who didn't sleep in the bus.
At Big C, we bought gifts for the kids and passed them to Sister. Got a pen and notebook for Umpon, key-chains for the twins and hair-ties for Supapom. Had lunch at the food court and tried Phat Thai Talay wrapped in egg.
Took the mini bus with Sister in front to Chiang Rai airport. Didn't cry. Checked in and gave the teachers a hand. Hugged Sister one last time. Sister is so small, so cute. Bought a purse and bracelets with bells. Mrs Gurung bought big bags of mini pineapples, which can only be found in Chiang Rai. Sat beside a stranger on the plane since I changed place with Erica. Even Erica has changed. Reached Bangkok airport. Took a bus to get to the other area of the airport. Met a group of guys from Fairfield Methodist Sec. Overheard their leader-teacher's convo with our teachers, and they were going to the southern part of Thailand.
After accompanying Charissa to the toilet, we had to go around finding the rest of the group. Tried the Dairy Queen ice-cream. Got kind of angry and irritated due to the lack of urgency and time management. Also felt as though my kindness was being taken advantage of. I need to be less sensitive.
Sat at the window seat alone. Saw Mrs Gurung rub Ms Law's arm, and how she winced. Ouch. Ms Praveena and Ms Lee offered to change seat with me. I accepted since I heard them say it's nice to have their own corner. Ms Law said that maybe I wanted to sit alone quietly. Wasn't in a good mood so I just said quietly so only Ms Law could hear, that it didn't matter. Lost my comfort zone, but I wasn't in the mood. Ended up sitting next to Cherie with Raeann on the other side. Almost cried. Did my journal. Ms Lee showed me a photo, asking if it was me in the photo, and it was. Looks like Ms Lee got a photo of me trying to remove the sweet wrapper for the little Hmong girl. Felt a little sick but the bread started up my appetite. Had fried rice, which is a little ironic.
Fell asleep and realised it only a minute after landing. Shakespeare jammed up the automated clearance machine so we passed though the manual one. Ms Praveena asked if I had a good sleep and I said I was very tired and didn't even realise it. Grabbed Nicole and my luggage off the belt at once. When exiting the departure hall, Ms Law and Ms Lee told us to go back and have a good rest. Look who's talking, Ms Law.

Umpon, Yupin, Yupun, Muui, Sililak, Sutida, Kitichai, Tusinia, Elissa, Amanda, Sumpod, Passenia, Mongkun, Supapom, Viwot, Ruth, Chareon, Jania, ....

So I guess it's goodbye, Chiang Rai. Sister's right. We each have a mission now, to spread God's love which we have felt from Sister through the children.
God bless you all.

Comments