Sec3 Leadership Camp 09

Day 2
Woke up at 3.43 am, so I moved to inside my sleeping bag. Woke up later at 5.51 am. Sat up for a while, then started packing my sleeping bag after Rasey's Bubbles alarm clock rang at 6am. We aren't allowed to leave our huts between lights-out time and the earliest time we can wake up. Went to brush teeth, then we had flagraising at 6.50 am and breakfast after that.
We had High Elements, starting with the challenging Rockwall. I only managed to go a little more than half way, despite hanging on longer than the two others before me. Only Cheok Yi reached the top. Spidermushroom! After that the rest did the easier rockwall on the adjacent wall, except for Belle, Kimmy and Denise. Belle wasn't feeling well.
After that, we did the easier Rope Swing and the easier Log. Many didn't get a chance to, because they didn't want to. There was no time for Vanessa, Nicole Yue, me and Beverly so we did the harder Log when we exchanged. During my turn, I was shaking like crazy so I started singing Titanic and that calmed me a little. A little. But I was still shaking a lot. It took everything just to step onto the log and let go of everything but my harness. And after a few shuffles, I fell. Yep I fell argh at least I shouted "Falling" but I doubt he heard me since I lost my voice on Day 1. I was hanging on by the crook of my left knee and my arms but I brought my leg down since I was stuck. Joel and Chief Charles had to pull me up together. Joel flew on his own at first. Thanks guys. I didn't have the strength to pull myself up. While coming up, I moved back to a quarter of the log from half, sat on the log, squatted, then stood up with Joel's help. Thanks man. Managed to shuffle along the log. Cried a little when I came down but controlled. Haha Ms P. Very funny. CheokYi was stuck on the last tire of the harder Tarzan Swing but managed at last.
Had lunch, then did Team Challenge. Together Everyone Achieves More. They played concentration with the Instructors but I sat out with Belle, Chermin and Jinny. I was having cramps for no reason too. Vanessa told Ms P when she asked if I wanted to. Ms P told me lean against the pillar and stretch out my legs or pull them to my chest and drink lots of water. She said that if there wasn't a difference 10, 30 mins later she would call my parents and I nodded. And I drank. 1 litre in 10 mins. Blegh. And when we moved to the MPH after another Major emptied it I felt fine. Perfect. Thanks Ms P. We played Human Entanglement and the other group had difficulty with an odd number. Sherrlyn left early. Rasey went to the other group after 2 rounds but it was worse and they had move as one out of the MPH for the lecture for another group. Ms P was going around fanning them with her paper. Classic. In the end they gave up though.
Then we played MRT at our hut. We almost lost the marble but Joel found it. Then we played On My Lap. Managed it the first few times but lost it. They made me sit on Rasey and held my legs up after I couldn't sit properly. Got so stressed I had a flashback on the Shaking Log. Then we had campfire preparation and danced away the time. Finally did it together with the cheer. Go Moscow! Woah Montreal! Showered. Queue wasn't so long since the groups took turns to bathe. Debrief. Joel aka Joel jie finally did his promised catwalk. Had dinner.
Campfire was great. The ole Lights, Cameras rolling, and Action. Joel got the High into his blood and he was a different man like he said. 20% now, 150% later. I mean now. Or then. Totally high. Performance was good. Love Diligence's "Ms Praba's full of wits, and she loves to call us twits." Cheryl and Joel did the Mirror Image Competition. Sadly we didn't win even though Cheryl's leg was shaking and her shoe had tore a little earlier. Referee bious haha.
Had supper and we did the duty of giving out the bread. Me and ZhaoYi did the Milo and Sarah and Amanda took over later. Finished our Debrief and went to bed. There wasn't space so I waited for Sarah and Rasey. Stayed up to pray and think and have peace. Haha Rasey and Sarah saw and did the same. So cute. Slept.

Day 3
Woke up at 3.43 am again and did the same. Woke up at you guessed it, 5.51 am. Packed my sleeping bag and bag. Washed up. Hotstuff was sleeping in a hammock downstairs. Packed my bag and did reflection downstairs. Heard how they woke Joel up. Hilarious. Brought our bags to the Parade Square then we had flagraising and breakfast. Nasi lemak. Joel finally ate something.
Back to the MPH due to lightning alert. 10 of us did area cleaning of the shelter. Then we did a mini performance for Sam and Joel. And took lots of photos. Joel did his moonwalk for Belle. Had a huddle and took turns to thank each other.
It was sad when we left camp. At least Sam and Joel came with us on the bus. Sang songs, talked, videoed, snapped photos. Reached school all too soon. Joel and Sam gave us a pat down at the basketball court since Ms Tan was in a bad mood. Took our last photos and did our last cheer. Farewell.

Comments