On Sunday, during worship, I cried, and I think I scared the person beside me. Heh heh. Anyway, thank God for Laura, for that reminder through those wonderful songs and voices. After all the pain that we feel inside or out, can it really possibly compare to the pain Jesus felt on the cross? Forsaken by his Father, jeered at by those who once lovingly kneeled at his feet, the nails driven into his wrists, the crown of thorns burrowing themselves still deeper in, left alone and humiliated.
How can we possibly wallow in self-pity? How can we give up without a guilty conscience, to give our souls to ...., to that ...., fallen angel as a cowardly option?
And no, Cheryl, I am not suicidal. I consider it a sin and an act of utter cowardice. It is beneath one of God's creation. At least, I'm no longer sure who I am.
Linkin Park's Numb.

Comments