Motivational Workshop
What can I say? Just one word i think.
AWESOME
Well that's what you get when you put 4 Charity, 4 Purity and 4 Unity in the MPR3, place Coach Eunice, Coach Melissa, Coach Joel and Coach Zhen Li in front to lead and teach them, and add in lots of games and stories and notes (st nick's girl's fav) to spice things up.
DAY 1
We started of with "Big Fish Small Fish" plus fish-balls of 2 sizes. Haha most of them who were pulled up were from our class. Then we formed groups of 10! We named ourselves The Mushroom House!
TMH: Cheok Yi, Shermaine, Yihui, Chermin, Vanessa, Kimberly, Belle, Veronica and me
So we played "House of Cards" and Coach Eunice used her trusty clipboard to unleash a gale on our supposedly strongest and tallest tower of cards. It was an introduction to Enduring Success, the ability to reproduce success time and time again. Point was clear: we could build the tower up, but when it tumbles while we waited for our turn we couldn't build it back up. Break.
Then we talked about Fear, identified our fears and how to overcome fears. Went for lunch break.
Came back, we got into our groups and wrote our dreams on majong paper, what we wanted to be in future. Learned how to better focus on success and how we should set our goals. Got to work with setting our goals towards the big O. Break.
Came back, played Scramble with another group of classes in the Hall. Scrambled for sweets and snacks and straws that determined our fate. It made clear the point of prioritizing the straws first, prioritizing issues for effective time management.
DAY 2
Coach Eunice started of with a hilarious exaggeration of the 4 personality types. Did the DISC test. Used to be high S and quite low C, now I'm a C/S, S only a bit lower than C. Went through the characteristics, strengths and weaknesses of personalities. Break.
Split into groups of 5~ according to personality types and came up with ways to overcome our weaknesses. Haha was quite funny 'cause the I people's majong paper was totally covered with drawings, could tell that the Ds were totally focussed on the task, the S peeps had fun with each other despite not knowing other's names and the Cs' papers were totally structured. Then we did our fav activity: taking down notes. Went through how each type should best study and study for exams. Lunch break.
Coaches taught us about learning styles. Did a test on Left or Right brain. Left! Learned how to fight the Z monster and how to last for 10 hours using the 1-hour study cycle. Break.
Did a test to find out our learning styles, Auditory, Visual or Kinesthetic and picked up learning strategies. Went through the importance of study groups.
Then we went to the Hall and played this really violent game. Each class broke into 2, we were only told to get into formation and under no circumstance should we lose a classmate. We were the last class, so we were prepared. The Coaches, especially Coach Eunice and except Joel, went around to pull someone out of the circle. Mind you, she doesn't pull, she grabs and drags the whole group along with her victim. First round was Cheryl, second was Kim then Belle. Coincidentally, I stood between Cheryl and Belle. Both rounds, my mind went blank and now I can't remember anything except shouting "Hold tight" during the first, shouting "Don't move" in the middle and walking sideways during the second. If I didn't hold tight, I'm sorry. If I offended anyone when shouting "Don't move", I'm sorry. But moving while looking out for the Coaches was making some people panic.
DAY 3
Learned the importance of good notes and how to do up good notes. Break.
Learned note-taking methods, namely Flow charts, Tables and the Cornell note-taking method. Lunch break.
Learned methods to memorize stuff, what kind of studying environment we should have and how to prepare in advance for the exams. Break.
Came back, did this surprise Sec3 Maths test. Coach Eunice closed it with a video and some last words, then we went to MPR1.
Coach Yvonne gave a speech, then many stood up to talk, another thing st nicks is popular for. Then we did a feedback form and that was it. End of day, we stayed back to make these moments last and gave the vanguard sheets to our dear Coaches. I salute you, Coaches!
Amazingly, on Thurs night I copied the O dates into my diary, counted the number of weeks left and planned how to study for Prelims. What can I say, I'm a C plus left brain. :)
4P, no one is ever alone.
Comments