Reason 1/10,000: BASICs
Lord, today was EPIC.
Sunday! :D
Guess what! Jolene and Weiliang came again! :D Whoots! :D No matter whether its just for her essay or whether she is really interested in what we do, it's really great to see them again. :D Deon was leading worship today and Ben was on the drums, and it was good. :D Truth be told, like Abbie, before the sermon and sharing I wasn't like "Oh yeahhhhh go high!", but after it we sang Lord of Lords. And it was ... Uplifting. Moving. I saw God's throne once again. And then we sang White Flag, and it was AWESOME. :D It was Passion 2012's theme song, like they sang it every session. In fact Abbie commented that after the sermon and sharing, the volume of singing suddenly increased! :D Jolene had fun too, and she seemed to like White Flag. (: And Weiliang seemed more open after service. (:
Haha after service Jolene gave me an interview of the photos she had taken, namely the church building, contemporary worship vs hymns, worship prac. I don't think I gave really good answers, and I was super nervous inside, but I don't think I said anything that is wrong. I hope not. And to add on, the church building isn't just the place I grew up with and where my network of friends is, it's where I meet up with the people I really love and where we come to worship the Lord Most High together.
Yeah so we went for lunch at Kopitiam 313 like the YAMs. And then we went shopping for Abbie's slippers! Oh yes there was Janice, Gabby and Gabby, Denise, Angie, Abbie, Dhinesh and myself. Beef had to leave to go for CCA. Haha so yes Dhin was the only guy around, so he asked if I could become a "guy" and talk about "guy things" to, like complaining about the way girls shop. Haha poor guy, no Justin or Sean around. 2 more weeks. (: Anyway, we went to Billabong and Abbie bought a pair of greenish slippers! It's quite brightly coloured, but the colour is nice. (:
Then we went to F21 to find Janice and Gabby Lim. Cos Janice needs clothes for poly. Then right,
Abbie: SO, Becky, how? ;) (when will you wear a dress?)
Me: HUH? I DON'T UNDERSTAND? ;)
(after a while)
Dhin: So Rebecca, when are you going to buy a dress?
Abbie: See, he say so explicitly already, you cannot possibly not understand. ;)
So yeah, I got dragged to ZARA (cos they say i deserve more classy stuff) and Dhin picks out this peach dress. Hahaha even Abbie was like NO. So we walk on the first floor and Dhin picks out another beige translucent dress. Gabby was like NO. (Gabby Lim had to leave first) Then Gabby picks out this thigh level dark blue dress with a side-ways V-neck, very smooth material. After much whining (sorry!) and Dhin taking my bag and pushing me all the way to the changing room and much struggling to put it on, I tried it on and came out. Omggg. After half a second I just pulled the curtain back. Haha I couldn't even stand trying on the belt.
Clothes on the first level were quite old and office-y, so we went up. And tada, another dress. But sleeveless, polka dotted with a thin woven pvc belt, lacey at the shoulders. Omg lacey. *shudder* Again, physically pushed by Dhin all the way to the service staff, who couldn't help smiling. Haha! In the changing room, it took so long just to undo the belt and unbutton the back! Then while trying to put it on, Gabby asked if it was too small and I thought so, so I tried M. Haha when I pulled back the curtain, all the girls were like crowding there, omg my face was super warm. Haha they were all "Omg so pretty!!" So I immediately drew back the curtain. And then they immediately pulled the other side open. Turns out Gabby wanted to take a pic to show Dhin, so i just stepped out into the corridor. And stepped back in. And changed out of it without looking at the mirror again. Haha.
When I came out, we talked, then I got my bag from Angie, then Abbie came to me and somehow my eyes just watered. Don't know why. Then thankfully we headed to the basement for Dhin to grab a drink and Gabby bought icecream. Then we took around 10 mins to say our goodbyes, we really didn't want to leave like that.
Today Abbie and I were msging, and I said that I think that they are the ones who unlocked an achievement, cos its hard to get me to try on a dress. And Abbie said, nay you are the one, you broke barriers and tried on a dress, it really takes courage. And now I realised that's why my eyes watered, out of nervousness. Haha and once i went onto Twitter, there was a short convo waiting for me haha. But I don't think I looked that pretty, cos I ain't. Nor self-confident. So it wasn't really an ego-boost haha. But today was fun. (: And for the first time, I could feel what I meant to them as a friend. And it was all warm and full of trust. (: Love you guys. (:
Thank you so much, Lord. 10,000 reasons and more.
Comments