Growing Up
17 going on 18, with my career resting on my A level results.
And still I feel no sense of urgency. Need to slap myself seriously.
Anyways, yes this post is about growing up.
Every time I look at my sister, I think about how young she is. Where we will be a few years down the road. I would be where Serene is now. Young, immature me living the life of a young adult. So scary. People who are currently in Uni or going Uni, i feel so immature in comparison. My bro would be in NS, ordering men around, okay imagining that is easy, given that he already does it. And my little sister would be 12, taking PSLE. Hopefully more mature by then. Still playing the piano, still reading? Will we even have the chance to live to that age? Or will the end of days come before then? Or maybe some tsunami turns Singapore into Atlantis? Will we all grow old together? What will happen to my parents? How will we turn out as people? Will we be able to play a part in improving the world?
Looking for something more than this life.
God is in control.
Comments