Youth Camp + YAM Camp!

Haven't posted in a long long while.... BECAUSE THE CAMPS HAVE BEEN TOO AWESOME. :D

Hahaha too much has happened to record it all down, even if I did write a post for Youth Camp before Young Adults Camp started.
Youth Camp '12: Walking with Jesus
Young Adults Camp '12: TriUnity

Youth camp this year has been so super tiring. Then again, I went USS the day before with thecoolpeople gang so I was already tired from sleeping late and waking up early. Regardless, camp was still tiring. I did Pubs this year and all things Pubs related was already settled, so I helped out wherever I could. Supported Selena and Naomi mentally, mainly. Couldn't really do much at all, despite trying hard to. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. On the second day, I quit complaining about the tiredness and actually after that, I felt less tired. Haha pretty cool.
This year, the campers were all younglings, from P6s to Sec2s. The gap in maturity between the Sec2s and Sec3s is pretty amazing, actually. Seems that taking care of the P6s made the Sec2s slightly more mature. Well. Maybe only Valerie. I talked to Lynn, Ashley and Cheyenne during those buffer time before worship and sermon starts, and they are really nice and warm! Especially Cheyenne, frankly. :) Ushers next yearrrrrrr. :D But the boys are just.... Kids. Haha. Yongzheng is quite sweet though, he opened his group's bag of Cheesetos when Anette said she wanted some, and even offered her half a bag. Haha. Potential in that one, once you get him to be involved. And David called Abby jiejie 'cos he didn't know her name. Hahaha Abby loves him now. ^^
I do like my group this year though. Gabby (GL), Mark (only around for night activities and morning devotion 'cos of work), Jonathan Leong, Qingchuan, Joshua, Ashley, Ethan Yeo, Barry, Shannon. Gabby's good at leading the group! The only thing that holds her back is the weight of the responsibility. Mark is just..... Awesome. Because of him, morning devotions were the best I've ever had in all those church camps. He puts the message across in a manner that speaks personally to each person. Qingchuan and Joshua are spiritually mature beyond their age. Really counted on them for the expedition to go smoothly. We all have new respect for Qingchuan after he drew lessons from the mass games instead of sermons and whatnots. :) And seeing Barry and Ethan in action together is just so Awwwww. :) They really love each other A LOT. They are really nice guys, just trying to fit into a guy's world of cooler-than-you. Ethan is super sweet, seriously. He was the first one cleaning the tables during our group clean-up duty. Gotta see his world through his eyes to understand where he is going when he is sharing during discussions. And Barry, he was the first one to approach the auntie during the Service part of the expedition, and spoke Chinese without hestitation. Ashley is just shy and unwilling to submerge herself in the camp. She seems a little skeptical about Christianity, and it's perfectly normal at P6. Jonathan was just being Jonathan, haha, reliable but still young. But he does seem more mature than Sebby and Ethan, and he drew his lessons for Individual Reflections from mass games too. :)
The Main Camp Comm debriefs this year were the best compared to the last two years. Maybe it's because we are all so relaxed with each other, and also because it's Cheryl and not Tim. She's more relaxed, while Tim divides work and play, which is good too. Anyway, it's like a mass HTHT sharing session, a mass laughing session over the younger ones' antics and a mass complaining session over the same thing. Oh we had Games debrief, then GL debrief to prepare for morning devotions and discussions (Jasmine helped majorly with this and Mark will contribute from his upper bunk bed) and finally Main Comm. Haha we finished Day3 debrief at 4am, because we were sharing about our experiences during Walking With Jesus expedition. The expedition was really good, by the way, more meaningful than past years' Races. The sermons this year were good too, the speaker is animated so he captures the young ones' attentions. And he always uses diagrams, in sets of 3 too, making it easier to digest. And he is totally open to sharing from his personal experiences, which I feel is what is needed to show how relatable his message is.
A good camp, by God's grace. :) Even with Deon dislocating his shoulder and groaning in pain, which just broke so many hearts. It was written all over Abby's face. The feeling of helplessness when you know what to do but can't do anything 'cos it's too painful for him to put on a sling, and the sinking feeling when someone had to break the heartbreaking news to the dad. Thank goodness for Anette, Cheryl and Jasmine. But he is in US on holiday now. Thank God. :)))

YAM Camp!
Okay so I was asked at least thrice how does YAM camp differ from Youth camp. My answer, it can't be compared. Different group of people with different experiences from a different generation, doing different activities, with discussions and sermons on a different level of understanding and even singing quite different songs. But the same sweet fellowship in the presence of the same sweet God. :) Haha when I told Huiru simply that it can't be compared, she told me I don't have to give model answers. But this is really how I see it. It's a different experience all together, being the youngest camper and standing among people I've looked up to since I was in primary school, like Daniel and Louis and Laura. It's scary yet exciting. Scary mainly because it means that I'm growing up.
Jasmine is my GL, plus Danielle, Laura, Louis, Patrick, Charlston, Nicola (came on Day2 afternoon), Alex (came on Day2 morning). Quite lucky, really, to have people that I already know, except Patrick and Alex. Louis is really the big bro figure haha. And Laura, I've always looked up to her for her brains and enthusiasm. But I feel quite bad to Louis 'cos I'll OI him from across the table every time he tries to boast that my dad is... my dad. Haha. I mean, I'm me, not my dad's daughter. And it was really nice to get to know Nicola better, on a personal basis. She's quite motherly hahaha. And she talks in a manner that is so similar to Mark! Hahaha it's so cute haha. And I feel a little bad to Jasmine 'cos of something, but I can't really remember what anymore haha. But for now, I'll keep my distance and watch myself. Charlston is so quiet... So hard for me as another quiet one to involve him. But he does like the company, I think? Alex is a really nice guy too! Talks a lot and willing to share. I got to talk to Yujun again during camp, first time we talked was over a Sunday lunch. She's so nice haha.
The sermons were.... I wouldn't say I've learned a lot from them, but I have learned some things that I've never really noticed. Like the cross being purposely plain so that it is even more powerful and more wonderful to those who believe. And how our life will be in vain if we don't live like we believe that Christ had risen AND we will be raised with Him. But the reminder that we are all one Body of Christ and we need to support each other in fellowship 24/7 was needed I think. Discussions were on a whole different level compared to Youth Camp too. The questions were less straight forward and more sharing. But it was good, 'cos we had questions to discuss before the sermon, and how our opinions differ after the sermon.
And the workshop by Pastor Wilson! AWESOME STUFF :D He had us split into groups of 4, and then assigned a verse to each group to analyse. I was with Nicola, Alex and Laura, and being the youngest camper, our group got the easiest verse, John 3:16. Haha Louis tried to protest but... I kinda silenced him. Hehe. Sorry Louis. Anyway, so he got us to read notes on the meaning of every word in that verse in the original language, Hebrew, and answer the question attached. And it was really a reminder on the extent of the meaning of every word in the verse that we all know, and to not take the verse at face value. Because God loved the world, He gave up the ultimate sacrifice for the most undeserving world so that we could gain the best, permanent reward. And it's pretty awesome to have Ben and Laura in the same camp, two geniuses, so many questions that nobody else asks. Hahaha.
Afternoon games was station games along the park connector and within camp. The YAM Comm really recced the whole area. If we were in Youth Camp, we would be running. But this is YAM Camp. We stroll. ^^ Strolling and talking was really nice though, getting to know each person in a relaxed manner. :)
Gift exchange was another highlight of the camp. Hahaha it was so funny, watching 4 people fight over the 3 Starbucks cards in the event that they didn't like the gift. I got a Wizard of Oz planner from Daniel/Claire! Haha it looked like a book so I picked it. Nicola got mine, a Body Shop pear and lemongrass body soap. She really liked it! She told me that that's the one she always uses, but it got expensive so she stopped using. So glad that she got it. :)) My gut feeling was right this time. :D And hahaha Serene gave away one box of Marks & Spencer's Jam biscuits and got 3 in return. And the right people got the teaboxes! Louis and Kane from Abby and Charlston respectively. :)
On last day dinner, we had steamboat! I sat with Charlston, Daniel the chef and Jonas the chef's assistant on the opposite bench, with Abby on my left and Ben on my right. Hahaha it was quite awkz at first, so paiseh. But Jonas and Daniel are besties, so they got it going, and Abby being Abby helped to scoop for all of us. Heheh. And it was so awww :) ^^ when she peeled prawns for Ben and I. Pearlyn came!! And after dinner we all helped to clear up. Jasmine, Jonas and Abby were bimbo-ing while wiping the plates dry hahaha.
On the last night, we slacked around in the dorm while waiting to shower, then we did some brainstorming for Applesauce. Then around 4am, Abby, Ben and I had a HTHT where I had my me-time during Youth Camp. Our CongreCare trio. :) They read me too well sigh. Hahaha. But it was good. Getting to know them on a deeper level, things we never talk about on Sundays. Forcing myself to open up and really think about how I feel. :)

These two weeks, really reminded me again how much God has blessed me with wonderful friends. :) 10,000 reasons for my heart to find.

P.S. Kane's Vanilla Bourbon tea from TWG is heavenly. :D Hot with lots of sugar. :D He first let me try it during Youth Camp debrief, then he brought it again to YAM Camp. :D Heavenly~