From 2012 to 2013

The past week and last week of 2012, has been the longest week of 2012.

Sunday 23 Dec: Lessons and Carols!
It was good! :D It was the day after YAM Camp, so the YAs had post-camp blues haha. Never saw such a large crowd of YAs at lunch before. Jasmine, the twins, Charlston and I joined the YAs for lunch. My first lunch with purely YAs present. ^^ They are such a fun bunch hahaha, I feel comfortable with those who were at camp too. My dad being the Youth Coordinator during the old YAs' time is an added bonus I guess.

Monday 24 Dec: Candlelight service!
We went to Pam's house for dinner because apparently the family was hosting a party of sorts. When we reached, it turned out to be full of people from church, mainly the choir! In fact, Amos and family were there too! Jonathan Leong, Kayla, Rei Hrn, Kezmen were there too. Oh my bro and I were with Beverly, Jonas, Dhinesh and Mark. Mark and I left early to meet Abby at Nex to buy food for Sec1s Welcome Packages. Haha everyone was complaining that we are spoilsports. The bus and the walk out to the bus stop took a while, so we reached Nex at 8.30 instead of 8pm. We hurriedly bought stuff and got out of NTUC, reaching church at 9.20. And we packed until 9.45~. ^^ Candlelight service wasn't too bad, we stood with Jasmine, Serene, Tim, Jenny, Debbie, Shannon, Janice, Beverly, Valerie. Marcus came with Sarah! The Candlelight service was a bit short though, to allow time for people to move into the Sanctuary I think. Then we had the Combined Communion Service! Can't remember what the message was hehe. We all headed home soon.

Tuesday 25 Dec: Christmas!!! :D
Meh we went in late, so we got a seat at the side wing. I sat in the middle of Abby and my bro, with Beverly and Valerie behind. Hahaha Abby was chionging Christmas cards during the announcements and sermon. Her cards have hard snowflakes, so cool! :D And I got my Birthday-cum-Christmas card from her. ^^ Then my bro and I joined our parents and Isaiah's family for lunch at PS extension. After lunch, we went to Great World City to buy food for the Christmas party at Auntie Jeslin's house. So my bro and I went to find the youth lunch group, who went to GWC too. Haha as if we hadn't had enough of GWC after spending the previous two weeks at BB HQ. We chatted for a while, before we had to leave.

Wednesday 26 Dec: Follow-up appointment at SGH
Yeap, went to SGH with my mum for an appointment for my wrist in the afternoon. We were late, so we had to wait for our turn. I spent less than 10 mins in the Doc's room haha, and we had to pay $70 for that. ~.~ After that, my mum went home while I went to PS Trumpet Praise to look around, and also to look through the Cover to Cover: Judges 1-8 BS booklet. I stood there reading it for at least half an hour haha. Quite excited for this Congre Care BS, I hope we do do Judges! :D Well not really Congre Care, it's just Abby, Ben K and I really. But :D And as Ben pointed out, if I can get into NUS, by God's grace, we will be able to meet in school! :D Anyways, after that, I went back to Bishan Trumpet Praise to look at more stuff, and to read through the BS booklet Hearing God (I forgot to read it at PS, thankfully they had it at Bishan too >.<). Spent another half an hour reading it haha. By the time I reached home, it was 7.30. Exhausting day.

Thursday 27 Dec: Gloomy day
Abby was flying off for Chiangmai Open in the morning, so I meant to sent her a message the previous night. And I forgot to press "Send". -.- Thankfully, I woke up at 7.51 with my phone next to my pillow, so I quickly sent it out. Hahahaha. Used the Internet while still on my bed, so I fell asleep around 10 after she boarded and only woke up at 12. At 12, I checked Twitter again. And saw Deborah's tweets. Tweets about her mum's passing. Cried a bit. But we've got to be strong for Deb. I remember Sunday school, when our parents came to pick us up from the second storey hall, I would always think, Deb's mum is so pretty and motherly looking. Jonas and I talked, and tried to encourage Deb. All I could think about that day was Deb and Deb's mum.

Friday 28 Dec: The Wake
I woke up, and all I could think of was the wake in the evening. Didn't feel like doing anything either. But still, I did up a resume and sent it to B&J's, 'cos Abby told me that Bev told her that Pam told her that they are hiring. Sherms and Bev applied too. My bro and I reached the wake just before service started. Danielle, Serene, Jasmine, Ben K plus parents, Nicola plus Mark plus parents, Aiyun, Pearlyn, Tim plus Jenny were all there. Sigh. Rev. Graham spoke about how death isn't a full stop, it's a comma that is followed by eternal life, for those who believed, like Auntie Mee Sin. Told myself not to cry, because if Deb is being strong for her family, someone's got to be strong for her too. Spent the time after the service with Deb as much as possible, since she was busy too. Then my bro and I followed Danielle, Serene, Jasmine, Pearlyn and Tim plus Jenny to Dempsey's when they left. I thought Demsey's was at Orchard hahaha, not some ulu night-time place at the top of a hill. We met around 12 other YAs at Dome. Yujun gave Tim, Jenny, my bro and I a ride back to Bishan.

Saturday 29 Dec: Dad's cousin's Wedding
From a wake to a wedding. Sigh. Wore my prom dress and prom heels. Didn't recognise half the people there. And one of my cousins couldn't recognise me hahaha. But no, not wearing it to church.

Sunday 30 Dec: Last Youth Service of the year + Funeral + Night Safari
Haven't ended the year with a Youth Service for a while. Dom pushed all the pews to the back, so we could sit in circles in our age groups near the front, like a moshpit (so he says haha). Janice and Gabby greeted at the door while I guided them to their age groups. ^^ Jasmine says that during worship, all she saw was me walking around. >.< Sorry for interrupting! It was quite interesting, doing reflection/sharing with Charis, Bev, Jonas, Sehwoon and Jeremy, got to learn more about them.
My bro and I went for the funeral with Serene, Nicola and parents were there too, as well as Chia ling and friends. It was.... a new experience. My first Christian funeral. Turmoil. I sat with Serene on the bus to Mandai Crematorium, and she shared with me about her age group (same age as Matthew Chay) and her first wake, which was Charis' mum. The twins plus parents came during the service at Mandai. After the whole funeral, there was still Night Safari to worry about and my mind just... caved in to stress and emotions. Serene gave me a hug when she saw tears in my eyes, it really made me feel better. Thanks Serene. :')
Auntie Cat and Uncle Kenneth gave the twins and us a ride to Night Safari. We went to eat at KFC at the Zoo's side, and we had a family feast. ^^ Janice, Kane, Jonas, Bev, Danielle and Jasmine reached slowly. Oh I should explain. Kane had some free tickets and some 50% discount tickets that expired on 31st, so we went along. Haha while waiting for some of us, Kane went around trying to give away the tickets to others. Our entry costs $1.60! We walked around the trails, with Kane as our guide. After walking, we were all so tired and it was 10pm, so we gave the tram a miss and went for mango snow ice desert instead. ^^ Haha the desert cost twice more than our entrance fee. Uncle Don gave my bro and I a ride home and Kane rode his bike. Amazing what you can pack into a day.

Monday 31 Dec: Watchnight Service
Spent the day talking to Debbie about Birthdays and settling other stuff. Had dinner with Isaiah's family before leaving the house. Dom Yeo, Dhinesh, Jasmine, Anette, Sean, and Justin all came at varying times of 10pm++. We met Angie and the twins in church. Danielle and Chia ling were already inside the sanctuary. Kane was ushering. The sermon was on Matthew 1, the long list of generations from Abraham to Jesus Christ, which is an interesting passage to choose. The message was about how God is faithful in keeping His promises, and the genealogy in Matthew 1 is proof of His past faithfulness, despite all the horrible things that the people mentioned did. Also, we are part of His Plan A, which means that no matter what, our lives and actions (good or bad) are all part of His Plan, and this Plan WILL work. To me, this means that it's not like God will send someone better to do our job if we feel ourselves unable to do it, but rather, we ARE that someone else who is meant to do it. After service, Dhinesh, Sean, Justin, Jasmine, Anette, my bro and I went for Rocher Tauhuey. Starting the year with a new adventure.

Tuesday (Today) 1 Jan: Gamesssss
The Sunday school Comm plus teachers have a yearly conference at Auntie Jane's condo on Jan 1. I went along 'cos Janice asked me to haha. Ben was supposed to come too but he couldn't wake up. (It was at 9am and we slept at 3am++. Heh.) But the twins and Laura came, so we played games while the adults were busy. ^^ Cheryl was there too! But she was there as Youth Coordinator so she was involved in the meeting. And there is this lady around 20 who is a Sunday school teacher and goes to Med school! Super young. Admire manz. Stayed at Janice's place even after the parents left. Cheryl and Ervin played too, but Cheryl left after one game. Left their place at around 6.15pm.