3rd Week at Anson! Tiring....
End of my 6th week in GJC! ^^ :)
Been working morning shift from Monday to Thursday with Winter, then closing shift with Winter on Friday, then a full day Food and Hygiene course today, followed by a mid-shift at Plaza tomorrow.
Morning shift at Anson for 4 days in a row is TIRING. Your brain just goes all fuzzy at times when rushing out orders. Plus need to prepare the pasta stuff beforehand. And Winter's had to work full shift on Monday and Tuesday and for the rest of the week she's been busy settling receipts from other outlets and helping Junhao figure out how to arrange the manpower, since Rum is away and the last minute decision to have the course stole a lot of manpower. 5 of us in fact, being Melissa, Syaza, Sakinah, Krystal and I. Winter poor thing manz, and she's so easily bullied because she's willing to bear the responsibility. I really don't dare to complain that I'm tired to her, only to the others hahaha. We are the only two who have worked for all 5 days at Anson. And Friday was the first time I've heard her say that she's really very tired and in lack of sleep and that her legs are aching.
Oh Hui, Ness, Cheok, Jinny and Cheryl came on Friday to surprise me and support our pasta! ^^ Hahaha but they came at 7, at closing time, so it interrupted our closing so we closed at 9 instead of the usual 8. Told Winter sorry that she had to stay for so long, but she said, "Nvm, they give sales :DD" And I apologised that she had to throw the rubbish, then she said it's okay and gave the *bicep* emoticon hahaha. So cute.
And today after the course I went down to Katong! Miss Ceny and Adrina SOOOOOO much. And I really wanted to talk to Ceny today. :) Didn't get to talk to her when she dropped by Anson on Friday, there were customers and I had to settle their orders. Talked to Ceny about Anson and all, but I didn't tell her what I wanted to tell her. Next time.
I shall blog more if I can about the past week and about tomorrow, see how. Need to sleep ah.
And I realised something in the shower. Running a store, running all 3 GJC stores like how Rum does/did, I can learn from it and apply to Youth Comm. After all, all 4 comms are meant to be run together, in unison, with the same aim, supporting each other's activities. Seems like I can really take away something from watching Winter do her managerial duties. :) And vise versa, being forced to open up in church has really helped with interacting with customers, makes it much easier. :) Though sometimes it still feels a little hard to initiate the convo.
Sleep ^^