Last Day at Katong today :'(

Yeap, last day. Damn, freaking sad when I was told, freaking scared too.

Ceny and I did opening today, store opens at 10am on weekends now so we started at 930. Around 10, or 11 o'clock, I asked her when is Faz leaving for Plaza Sing, and she said, "Leave already." "Oh."  Then she received a call. "Uh huh, Rebecca, 7-3pm." After she put down the phone, she turned to me and said, "From now on, you will be transferred to Anson outlet. Until further notice." My heart twisted and sank, like a cat that fell off a garden wall. Freak manz. Freak.
How am I gonna tell Adrina, I thought, how?
First the upper management system and personnel changed, then Faz leaves to help out at Plaza, then Ellen is terminated and I'm sent there to make up for the loss in manpower. Sigh Ceny and I spent the morning ranting about it.
Ceny complained that Anson always takes the better people, but I doubt it is the same in this case haha. Can't take from Dhoby because they need the manpower more, Adrina can take the stress better but she has a friend there so I've got to be the one, because they will talk more during work. Which isn't encouraged at all.

Anson is the busiest outlet, its customers are more than 90% office staff so when the crowd comes, they all come together. It's crazy there. And they are sending me, the one who gets depressed easily when I can't keep up, when I screw up the flow of orders, there. Haha you know something's wrong when I put on a moody face and just wash dishes and do menial chores non-stop. I'm gonna die. D:

Didn't work yesterday, because Faz told me on Thurs to take a day off. After the first training week, I've been mostly paired with Faz for shifts. And the last time that either Adrina or myself was partnered with Faz was Thursday, when all 3 of us did closing together. :)
Hahaha on Thurs Faz kept coming out of the store to talk to whoever was doing sampling. When I was doing sampling, we talked about the impracticality of buying bags and shopping. And on Monday, Faz told me that she saw someone with the same backview, same shoes, same walking style, white bag, while walking to Katong from her bus stop. Only, I carry my colorful slingbag. Hahaha. And on Tuesday, I went earlier to buy lunch from the hawker centre and when I crossed over to the corner, I met Faz, who was waiting to cross at the cross junction. Talk about de javu. That day, we went for break together, ate our packed food at the table behind the store, her husband had cooked for her. So sweet right! But his black pepper sausage is just normal sausage cooked with black pepper. Hahaha Faz was -.- but I guess when you are a guy that works too haha. Hahaha we talked about clubbing. She and her husband are dance partners heehee. I told her that our SN clique wants to go St James, and she sat up straight and said in a dead serious tone, "Next time you go, tell me. I'll go with you guys." Haha she really likes St James. Hahaha boss and employee go club together, first time hahaha. But it's cool, i really don't mind, because Faz is the cool kind. Cool, fun-loving, cute, down-to-earth mother and boss. And Faz calls everyone "Sayang", or "Love" once, so you've got to know who she's referring to hahaha.

Today, Ceny and I did opening together. Only, she's always super early so by the time I reached, she had done most of the work. Hilda did mid-shift like usual and Adrina and Hasli, a supervisor from Plaza did closing. Hasli is the REAL barista manz, like Ceny says. His latte art is awesome, like even nicer and more defined than those on Youtube. But I can't click with him manz. :( When he talks, it feels like he looks down on us as newbier baristas. I mean, we are, and I don't deny that he's friendly, and maybe it's my pride speaking, but really, it pisses me off a little. At Katong, Faz trained us to do things in a different manner from other stores, like putting the ice and milk first for chillers and to bring the tray of used cups to the pick-up point regardless of whether there's a customer there. And I got told off for that. It's like he knows full well that he is the pro and he runs the show, regardless of how things are done here or who is in-charge. But he's nice, eager to teach new baristas (a little too eager). So I can't understand him. He has hair like Johnny Bravo but his body is like a rectangle. Anyways. Bad start to the day ruined my form. Got stressed and annoyed by Hasli. Mind couldn't function properly, eyes couldn't focus on the barista queue, Hasli didn't communicate with me while there were 5 orders on screen. A mess, basically. So I just stayed away from the bar, except when Adrina was on break. Felt less constricted while he was on his break and it was just the 4 of us girls again. :) When he was on break, we were talking about next week's schedule at the cashier area but I hung back and leaned against the wall beside the sink. Watched the three of them in discussion together, and thinking, I wouldn't be part of the Katong team anymore. Ceny saw me and smiled grimly saying, "Meimei, don't be sad. Don't be sad leh." :'(
And haha today I bought Adrina and Ceny Solero, because I was supposed to treat Adri if I reach work late (I met my junior Yeeyean before that to pass her notes). But she wasn't late, so I just bought it anyways. I put the icecream in the food chiller (not freezer or fridge) and guess what. It melted into liquid hahahaha. So yeah I just treated them to lime juice, as Ceny calls it. :( Hahahahaha but we had a good laugh. :))) Just nice my last day here. And Hilda gave me more angbao packets hahaha so cute xD And she kept saying she will visit me at Anson because I was sad the whole day. :') Ceny and I threw rubbish together, so she told me about the people at Anson, and she tried to comfort me, saying that life is like that. Life is like that. She herself was transferred from Anson to Plaza to Katong, all within a pretty small time frame. Can tell that she has emotional attachments to Anson too, her first outlet. :') Like how Faz misses working with Vivo's staff. And we talked more about Fiqah and Hasli hahaha.
When I told Adrina that I was being transferred, I just wanted to curl up. And I did. At the wall beside the sink. Hahaha no more me to YOLO at or talk sick stuff to, no more Adri to make me laugh. Poor Adri, first it was Faz, now I'm gone too. :((( And she'll have to keep up the slack by answering calls and shooing people who don't order drinks. When I left, I bought a lemon meringue tart for Hannah, so Ceny used her employee's discount. ^^ Haha thanks Ceny! :) And then Adrina and I hugged a longggg hug, buried the bottom half of my face in her shoulder because my eyes were brimming. Shit manz. I'm really gonna miss that girl. Ceny and I left together, at 550-ish. Because she was checking the receipts and accounts. And found out that I made the same mistake as before, keying in VISA but used NETS to pay. Hahaha. Faz is gonna kill me when she finds out. And when Ceny and I parted ways at the traffic light in front of Katong, we looked back at the same time hahaha. :) Manz I'm really gonna miss that smile and laugh and her teasing of Hilda. :') Hope she stays in Gloria Jeans, so that we might meet again, and so that Hilda has someone to take care of her. If Ceny stays, she'll stay in Katong with Hilda. No other suitable branch for Hilda and those two are sticking together. Bet Faz feels bad for throwing everything to Ceny, she already doesn't like asking Ceny to work full shift. And Ceny feels stressed by the routine paperwork left in her charge. I miss the first 2 1/2 weeks of work manz. Those were good. :) My eyes were brimming all the way home. T.T Sigh wai.

Oh and Vally and Ethel came today! But they went to Macs for breakfast first and they came at a busy time. So only managed to talk for a short while while I was buzzing. Ethel flew off today. But there's always whatsapp. :) Made an Irish Nut Cream Latte for Thel! Took my time ^^ hahaha. Come, friends, I'll make a drink for you too! ^^ Hahaha.

So freaking scared. And jittery. Pre-work nerves all over again, only this time it's worse because I know what to expect. And just.... sad. To leave Katong. Can't work with those gals, love them manz. And it's scary, because Katong is just being pushed to the bottom. It's just an outlet to earn a few extra peanuts. Once Katong starts making losses, ..... Well. Sigh. At first all the full timers know everyone, after all, there's only 30~ of us. Like a family. Gloria Jeans mission. But now, they wanna earn more money, turning it into a corporation. Why can't businesses stay simple.

Believe, believe. God's plan. So many memories, and I've only been in Katong for 3 weeks. So many memories. :') :'(