Past 3 days!
Saturday: Basic Food and Hygiene Course
Siew Choo told all 5 of us from GJC that the course starts at 9 and ends at 7. So Mel, Syaza and I met at Anson at 8.30 and walked to the office, only to find that the office was empty. It was earlier than 9, so we just waited at the stair well. At 9, a guy called Zaini came, and told us that the course starts at 10!!! And suggested that we go have breakfast at 100AM, the nearby shopping mall. Downstairs, we bumped into Krystal and Sakinah, so all 5 of us went to Mos Burger together. ^^ It's quite cool, how everyone in GJC can start talking to each other so easily despite never having worked together before.
At 10, we headed back to the office, to find Auntie/Da Jie Say Eng and Venii from Tiptop Curry Puff. The course was conducted by Geraldine, and it was quite slow, to accommodate Venii and Auntie Say Eng. Sleepy much.... Only reason why I didn't fall asleep was because Gerry kept directing her questions at me. D: Hehehe. Bio really helps hahaha. Syaza and Krystal just kept spamming sweets. Mel nodded off once and Sakinah had to kick her HAHA. And then for break, we had GJC sandwiches! I tried the Black Pepper Chicken sandwich, it's nice. ^^ For lunch, we went to Koufu with Auntie Say Eng! Then when we came back, we couldn't go into the lobby because the shutters close at 2, so we had to go to the level 2 lobby by the carpark. Only, we went into Anson House's carpark into Realty Centre... We tried taking the fire lift to the 4th floor but after going in, the construction workers told us we needed an access card, so we took the lift to level 3 with them and took the normal lift back down to level one. Then we called Zaini to pick us up. D: Hahahaha so yeah we got back quite late. :P
After all that theory, we went back to Anson for the MCQ + Practical + Oral test! Hahaha got lots of questions for the MCQ wrong so had to re-do those. Must get all 48 correct. Then for the practical, we had to choose out the cherry tomatoes of good quality to use, and other questions. (On Friday night they came and left a few tomatoes out on a plate to spoil haha.) The oral was quite bad, I didn't understand what she was asking so I couldn't really answer in detail, but it was mostly fine. So yeap, I'm graded as competent. ^^ Oh yeah and Winter was there to open the store. Had to wait for quite a while for my turn for the practical bit so I sat next to Winter while she worked on the schedule. Then when I was starting on my practical, Winter was all "This one chef leh, sure pass one." Aish keep teasing me ah hahaha. :) #thingsi'llmiss And when I left, Auntie Say Eng was nervous so she grabbed my arm, so I encouraged her. And we parted with the hope of a chance to meet again. :)
And yeah after the course I went to Katong. :) But this time I didn't leave with Adrina because her friend from Ramen Play was there, and I felt like staying with Ceny.
Sunday: Working at Plaza after church from 12-8
Yeah so as expected, people came to visit me hahaha. Jasmine, Danielle, Janice and Gabby came, then Jonas and Ben, but the two didn't order. And my parents and sis and the Tangs came too. Manz the kids were so noisy, demanding babycinoes. I don't know where Faz's patience comes from, really. Then again, she does have a toddler haha. Yes yes so happy to see Faz again, haven't seen her in so long!!! :DD But I'm still shy around her hahaha. And anyways I couldn't really talk to her because it got really busy so we counldn't throw rubbish together and then she went for break and I went for break and Vivian came so Faz had to entertain her and all. :( Mostly we ranted hahaha. :P :) Not as close to Faz as I am with Ceny, but really missing those memories spent with her. :) Hahaha Faz was so happy that I got to experience working at Plaza, and that Adri is the only one left among us Katong peeps who hasn't worked at Plaza. Plaza people really believe that Plaza is the best hahaha.
Oh Krystal stayed until 1, Faz stayed until 5, Iffah did mid-shift (she left later than me) and Hasli and Kinseng did closing. Was glad to see Hasli, a familiar face, but was kinda disappointed not to meet more new faces haha. And once, Hasli said that my milk was good! ^^ :) Coming from the barista with the highest barista standards. :) But again I couldn't find some things and I was really REALLY tired so my face was a little sour for the whole day. Only after I started to really talk to Kinseng and Hasli did I feel better, but by then it was already 7 haha.
And right, Winter messaged me to work at Katong on Monday because the management is worried that NEA will visit again for a follow-up on whether the staff have gone for the Hygiene course, so Adri and I gotta switch outlets.
Monday: 8th Day Workinggggg
Tired much, even after the good sleep. No idea how Kinseng managed to work 10 days in a row that time. On the good side, I got to work with Ceny!! :D ^^ Totally unexpected, and it felt so nice to actually clock in at Katong and key in my employee number when doing NETS. ^^ And another good thing is that Katong is super super empty on Mondays. :) Miss the bus stop though, so I couldn't buy my $2 chicken rice hahaha. Spent the day talking to Ceny about GJC, about Anson, about the new management and how freaking stupid and unreasonable they are, about her current situation. She's leaving very very soon. :''''''''''''''''( Hope MOM extends her work permit, then she can stay in SG, then at least there's a chance of seeing her again. :) Haha after I did Creme Brulee, I stopped her before she washed the blender so that I could try how it tastes like. And a while later on when she did Mixed Berry, she poured out a sample cup for me. :) Awww. ^^ Esp so because Mixed Berry is one of the nicer ones, instead of pouring out the other coffee-based ones we did. Okay now let me rant. Manz what business does she have in organising the schedule! She doesn't even know the employees well to arrange the schedule! So in the end each manager has to clean up after her. :( And then keep making changes so the managers gotta keep changing their copy of the schedule. So indecisive and unsure. Wanna make a decision, make a proper one before you pass the news down to the managers. And demoting Rum and Faz and not promoting Winter or increasing Ceny's pay just for the sake of saving money. -.- People who have given up soooooo much for the company. And firing Ellen and Hilda, poor Ellen, poor Hilda. :( D': And turns out Ellen was called to the HR office on Friday, terminated on the spot. Ceny is so pleased to be leaving hahaha, no more phone calls bothering her. And she say that Ellen was called to the HR office on Friday, terminated on the spot. We parted with a hug (because I stared at her for one xD she told me "I hate you :')" haha) and she said she'll message for the sake of keeping in contact. :) And the last thing she said was, "Don't quit!" so that she'll know where to find us hahaha. :') Manz thinking about her leaving made me tear up on the way home. :((((( CENYYYY~ D':
Told her that maybe God placed her as manager for a reason, like to better cope for the next time she gets promoted. Then she say that her horoscope says, if she's stressed then should quit her job. And that she joined GJC because she wanted to try being a barista, but it only got more and more stressful, and she joined F&B at Lawry's Prime Rib without being sure of which F&B area she wanted to join. Couldn't find a job in a hotel so she got into Lawry's. So I guess for her, GJC is just a small part in her life to gain experiences that will be useful in future. Just like us, the new Beanies. I think even if I quit now, it's been a really good experience, working with special people like Hilda and foreign workers like Ceny and Winter and having to make small talk with customers at Anson and warming up to new people you meet within the first hour of meeting them and being less sensitive to seemingly-overbearing people like Hasli and getting to know people who support a family on a salary of less than 1.5k. I've always lived in a world of people who earn 2-7k, so it's been a great eye-opener. :) And it's not just an admiration for their abilities or learning to handle their lack of it, but an emotional attachment too. :')
GJC is no longer the customer-friendly, understanding-to-employees, colleagues-as-family, coffee-quality-focused GJC it was anymore. :( Even though I've only been under the old system for 3 weeks and the new system for another 3. But really, even I can tell the difference. :(
Off day tomorrow! :) My wrist needs it desperately. :(
Siew Choo told all 5 of us from GJC that the course starts at 9 and ends at 7. So Mel, Syaza and I met at Anson at 8.30 and walked to the office, only to find that the office was empty. It was earlier than 9, so we just waited at the stair well. At 9, a guy called Zaini came, and told us that the course starts at 10!!! And suggested that we go have breakfast at 100AM, the nearby shopping mall. Downstairs, we bumped into Krystal and Sakinah, so all 5 of us went to Mos Burger together. ^^ It's quite cool, how everyone in GJC can start talking to each other so easily despite never having worked together before.
At 10, we headed back to the office, to find Auntie/Da Jie Say Eng and Venii from Tiptop Curry Puff. The course was conducted by Geraldine, and it was quite slow, to accommodate Venii and Auntie Say Eng. Sleepy much.... Only reason why I didn't fall asleep was because Gerry kept directing her questions at me. D: Hehehe. Bio really helps hahaha. Syaza and Krystal just kept spamming sweets. Mel nodded off once and Sakinah had to kick her HAHA. And then for break, we had GJC sandwiches! I tried the Black Pepper Chicken sandwich, it's nice. ^^ For lunch, we went to Koufu with Auntie Say Eng! Then when we came back, we couldn't go into the lobby because the shutters close at 2, so we had to go to the level 2 lobby by the carpark. Only, we went into Anson House's carpark into Realty Centre... We tried taking the fire lift to the 4th floor but after going in, the construction workers told us we needed an access card, so we took the lift to level 3 with them and took the normal lift back down to level one. Then we called Zaini to pick us up. D: Hahahaha so yeah we got back quite late. :P
After all that theory, we went back to Anson for the MCQ + Practical + Oral test! Hahaha got lots of questions for the MCQ wrong so had to re-do those. Must get all 48 correct. Then for the practical, we had to choose out the cherry tomatoes of good quality to use, and other questions. (On Friday night they came and left a few tomatoes out on a plate to spoil haha.) The oral was quite bad, I didn't understand what she was asking so I couldn't really answer in detail, but it was mostly fine. So yeap, I'm graded as competent. ^^ Oh yeah and Winter was there to open the store. Had to wait for quite a while for my turn for the practical bit so I sat next to Winter while she worked on the schedule. Then when I was starting on my practical, Winter was all "This one chef leh, sure pass one." Aish keep teasing me ah hahaha. :) #thingsi'llmiss And when I left, Auntie Say Eng was nervous so she grabbed my arm, so I encouraged her. And we parted with the hope of a chance to meet again. :)
And yeah after the course I went to Katong. :) But this time I didn't leave with Adrina because her friend from Ramen Play was there, and I felt like staying with Ceny.
Sunday: Working at Plaza after church from 12-8
Yeah so as expected, people came to visit me hahaha. Jasmine, Danielle, Janice and Gabby came, then Jonas and Ben, but the two didn't order. And my parents and sis and the Tangs came too. Manz the kids were so noisy, demanding babycinoes. I don't know where Faz's patience comes from, really. Then again, she does have a toddler haha. Yes yes so happy to see Faz again, haven't seen her in so long!!! :DD But I'm still shy around her hahaha. And anyways I couldn't really talk to her because it got really busy so we counldn't throw rubbish together and then she went for break and I went for break and Vivian came so Faz had to entertain her and all. :( Mostly we ranted hahaha. :P :) Not as close to Faz as I am with Ceny, but really missing those memories spent with her. :) Hahaha Faz was so happy that I got to experience working at Plaza, and that Adri is the only one left among us Katong peeps who hasn't worked at Plaza. Plaza people really believe that Plaza is the best hahaha.
Oh Krystal stayed until 1, Faz stayed until 5, Iffah did mid-shift (she left later than me) and Hasli and Kinseng did closing. Was glad to see Hasli, a familiar face, but was kinda disappointed not to meet more new faces haha. And once, Hasli said that my milk was good! ^^ :) Coming from the barista with the highest barista standards. :) But again I couldn't find some things and I was really REALLY tired so my face was a little sour for the whole day. Only after I started to really talk to Kinseng and Hasli did I feel better, but by then it was already 7 haha.
And right, Winter messaged me to work at Katong on Monday because the management is worried that NEA will visit again for a follow-up on whether the staff have gone for the Hygiene course, so Adri and I gotta switch outlets.
Monday: 8th Day Workinggggg
Tired much, even after the good sleep. No idea how Kinseng managed to work 10 days in a row that time. On the good side, I got to work with Ceny!! :D ^^ Totally unexpected, and it felt so nice to actually clock in at Katong and key in my employee number when doing NETS. ^^ And another good thing is that Katong is super super empty on Mondays. :) Miss the bus stop though, so I couldn't buy my $2 chicken rice hahaha. Spent the day talking to Ceny about GJC, about Anson, about the new management and how freaking stupid and unreasonable they are, about her current situation. She's leaving very very soon. :''''''''''''''''( Hope MOM extends her work permit, then she can stay in SG, then at least there's a chance of seeing her again. :) Haha after I did Creme Brulee, I stopped her before she washed the blender so that I could try how it tastes like. And a while later on when she did Mixed Berry, she poured out a sample cup for me. :) Awww. ^^ Esp so because Mixed Berry is one of the nicer ones, instead of pouring out the other coffee-based ones we did. Okay now let me rant. Manz what business does she have in organising the schedule! She doesn't even know the employees well to arrange the schedule! So in the end each manager has to clean up after her. :( And then keep making changes so the managers gotta keep changing their copy of the schedule. So indecisive and unsure. Wanna make a decision, make a proper one before you pass the news down to the managers. And demoting Rum and Faz and not promoting Winter or increasing Ceny's pay just for the sake of saving money. -.- People who have given up soooooo much for the company. And firing Ellen and Hilda, poor Ellen, poor Hilda. :( D': And turns out Ellen was called to the HR office on Friday, terminated on the spot. Ceny is so pleased to be leaving hahaha, no more phone calls bothering her. And she say that Ellen was called to the HR office on Friday, terminated on the spot. We parted with a hug (because I stared at her for one xD she told me "I hate you :')" haha) and she said she'll message for the sake of keeping in contact. :) And the last thing she said was, "Don't quit!" so that she'll know where to find us hahaha. :') Manz thinking about her leaving made me tear up on the way home. :((((( CENYYYY~ D':
Told her that maybe God placed her as manager for a reason, like to better cope for the next time she gets promoted. Then she say that her horoscope says, if she's stressed then should quit her job. And that she joined GJC because she wanted to try being a barista, but it only got more and more stressful, and she joined F&B at Lawry's Prime Rib without being sure of which F&B area she wanted to join. Couldn't find a job in a hotel so she got into Lawry's. So I guess for her, GJC is just a small part in her life to gain experiences that will be useful in future. Just like us, the new Beanies. I think even if I quit now, it's been a really good experience, working with special people like Hilda and foreign workers like Ceny and Winter and having to make small talk with customers at Anson and warming up to new people you meet within the first hour of meeting them and being less sensitive to seemingly-overbearing people like Hasli and getting to know people who support a family on a salary of less than 1.5k. I've always lived in a world of people who earn 2-7k, so it's been a great eye-opener. :) And it's not just an admiration for their abilities or learning to handle their lack of it, but an emotional attachment too. :')
GJC is no longer the customer-friendly, understanding-to-employees, colleagues-as-family, coffee-quality-focused GJC it was anymore. :( Even though I've only been under the old system for 3 weeks and the new system for another 3. But really, even I can tell the difference. :(
Off day tomorrow! :) My wrist needs it desperately. :(