8th Week in GJC and counting....

Heys! :)

Haha okay I don't know who actually reads this blog anymore. Other than myself. ^^ :)

So anyways! Tomorrow will be the end of my 8th week in GJC but I just felt like blogging today haha. Work has been really smooth this week! I've been doing opening shift with Winter for the whole week, and it's been pretty nice because now Winter and I talk comfortably with each other. When we're not talking about sales, we'll be talking about the regular customers and their orders (major memory work to connect the face with the name and order) or about our own lives. Once she asked me in Chinese what do pastors actually talk about during messages, and I was struggling to reply in Chinese... Hahahaha my Chinese is so bad. But I can remember quite a few customers and their orders now! :D

One thing I love about my job is that we have the ability to brighten a person's day within the 3 minutes we take to take their order and do their drink. One morning, a customer named Laura came in and told us that coming into Gloria Jeans for her coffee always brightens her day. Because of her comment, I managed to link her face to her name (FINALLY because I knew there was such a customer named Laura but never recognised her by face). And the next day, she comes in and I greet her by name (like I do for ushering). And her face just lit up so brightly! :D Because she's only familiar with Winter, not me, so she didn't expect me to recognise her. Haha and in return she greeted me by name too. :) And when you add sugar for the regulars or use skim milk even though they forgot to ask you to, they are super happy hahaha (Credits to Winter for remembering).

Oh on Thursday Winter taught me how to call and order in butter and jam! She just passed me her phone with the supplier's number and told me the outline of what the supplier will say and what to order and left me alone in the back to do it. So freaking SCARYYYYY. D: Because if I order wrongly, it'll cost operations to suffer and we have to pay for the unusable stock too. That's only butter and jam. After that, she taught me how to order milk, got to fax the form in and call to confirm that they've received it. It was better, but still scary manz. D:

And on Friday, the top two in the management team came down to talk to the landlord about our rental contract, because it's expiring. So Winter, John and I busied around cleaning and clearing up the area from 1 plus while Syaza and Nana pushed out orders. And the big guy only came at 4 plus. By then only Winter, John and I were left. So I stayed around to help to keep Winter free. And good thing too, because after everyone left, Vivian from management stayed back to discuss and instruct on how to increase our sales. So John and I did pre-closing while Winter talked to her. And Winter took the opportunity to teach me how to close cashier too! John taught me how to do the basic report in the morning, so Winter taught me the rest. Complicated much, so many steps.

And today we had Evergreen! It was pretty smooth, considering that it's Jonas' and Ivan's first time coming. And being a barista really helped me to be able to talk so comfortably with the elderly. Like step out of my comfort zone :) God has a plan for everything. :)