Past Two Weeks
It's been 10 weeks since we've joined GJC! :D 10 weeks since I've became a part-time barista ^^ How many people can actually say that they are a barista :D I mean, I'm not a good barista yet but I know that my barista skills are getting there, slowly but surely. :) 10 week since Rum first created our Glorious New Beanies WA group. ^^
And I still haven't had a chance to meet Rum yet. :/ Must drop by Plaza on a weekday haha. And on the way drop by Tiptop Curry Puff and find Auntie Say Eng from the Hygiene course. :)
I've been doing closing shift for the past two weeks, since now I'm supposed to close cashier at Anson. Last week I did closing with John, so that I'll have him if anything goes wrong. Closing with John is fun :D Because he's so annoying and always makes jokes but he can't find anything to tease me about so he's been teasing me about my "passion for GJC" and whether it will die if I do closing everyday. Closing shift really limits your life because you reach home late, sleep late, wake up late and reach home late again, so you can't really eat dinner with your family, or meet friends and all. And John got really sick of it. Well he does live all the way in Jurong so. Heh.
This past week I did closing with Syaza, we've been talking quite a lot haha. Syaza and Kimmy Yang from SN are in the same church and same zone, so it's quite cool. :D And we always talk about church stuff and how she doesn't like talking to adults because they are off a different frequency. Hahaha. But I feel quite bad for making Syaza do all the washing while I settle the bar. :/ But that is what it's like. And she knows. :)
Oh and last week was Melissa and John's last week of work officially! Wed was Mel's last day so I got her chocolates ^^ which she left behind in the Anson fridge -.- Manz I miss her! We took a few shots together, and she and Syaza took together, and we took a group photo (John, Winter, Mel, Syaza and I) too! Winter got Ryo, a regular customer, to help us take the photo haha. Nana couldn't work on that day. :( Oh and John was super sian during Tues' closing so I bought him chocs too haha.
And John came back this Monday to visit us after his visit to Tiptop and he bought us Tiptop puffs! And somehow Winter managed to convince John to help with opening and mid shift for Tues, Wed and Fri, since he was still free this week. HAHA poor guy, but he's happy so long as he doesn't do closing.
And last Friday Nana's son got admitted into the hospital with high fever and fits, so she hasn't been able to work for the past week. So I covered for her last Sat on top of doing closing with Adrina at Katong. Closing at Katong with just Adri and I!!! Rum must be really testing how well we can do it together. And Faz must really trust Adri to do a good job. But that day was really tiring, because Gurvinder and I had to deal with non-stop crowds since morning until 4pm, so sales was really good. :D But after 6 when Vinny left, it was pretty quiet haha. But sales was better than normal. :D
And this Sat I did opening at Katong with Syaza! :O I told Winter pretty late that I couldn't work on Sun due to Comm meeting (I forgot :( ) so she let me off for Sun and I thought I was off the hook. But Friday night during closing, she called to tell me that I had to do the Shift-in-charge's (SIC) job and open at Katong! Like. A whole store. Left in my charge to set it up for operations. Oh. My. Gosh. And after that Faz messaged me saying, "They say you can do the SIC job...." In my mind: Who is "they"?! :O
So yes. Sat morning, I went to Katong and I found.... This HUGE crowd of aunties uncles with their maids and daughter-in-laws, all sitting in the outlet's seats. Why? Eu Yuan Sung sale. And you can't sit unless you ordered a drink. It was a mixture of fear plus annoyance plus flurry-to-set ready for operations proper. Plus Syaza isn't familiar with Katong so I had to direct her around for setting up. And before we could set up everything, the crowd came, so it was non-stop taking of orders, then running out to shoo away all the non-customers and trying to negotiate with the aunties to order something, then running back in to take orders. Maddening. And I had to get everything in order before Faz arrives (at noon), to show her than I can handle an SIC's job. Unfortunately, we were so busy taking orders, we had no time to clear tables so it was a mess in the sitting area. :( And then Faz realised that there wasn't anyone doing closing with her, plus she wasn't very 'mobile' so I stayed until 1030 to help out. Syaza had to leave at 2 for cell. And and! We beat last Sat's sales!! :D Which is like a major achievement. :D HAHAHA we wanted to like celebrate on the spot so badly but we were serving out drinks. xD WOOHOO excellent day for Katong :D \o/!
And last Sunday was Youth Sunday!!! :D This year we didn't have contemporary songs, but we brought in Take5! Which the adults seemed to find very refreshing. :D And I was supposed to say the prayer for Take5 for evening service, but I was dying from the flu and lack of sleep so Serene initiated and offered to cover for me. :) She's a real angel, I'm telling you, an angel sent by God to walk on Earth. Thanks :))
And today we had Comm meeting! Over lunch, at Amos' favourite restaurant at 111 Somerset HAHA. We didn't really go through a lot, it was only 3 hours long, unlike those meetings that Tim leads. Like we covered a lot of ground but not much depth. But I have a feeling that this Comm is more of bringing the YOUTH into Youth Ministry, rather than the MINISTRY. It's gonna be pretty cool for the youths, and it just might bring everyone together, on a personal level, through fun and games and bonding. :D Unity in the church. :)