13th Week in GJC... with Nandos

Erm this week was.....  Hahahaha. It was the start of our troubles.

Monday 8/4
Nurul was on MC today, with stomach ache and dunno what. Winter and her are FB friends, so she showed me photos that Nurul posted up the night before, of herself having a good feast with her friends. Ahh well fine. At least we had Stephanie still. Business wasn't so good, like a usual Monday. Winter and Steph did closing, I stayed until 7 plus. Steph couldn't work on Tues as she had orientation, so it was agreed by all of us (including Nurul) that Nurul will come at 630 to open the store, Winter would come at 7 and I would come at 8 and Nurul and I will do closing. After all, Nurul still owed Winter a few hours of work because she got an off day last Tuesday and Winter was doing full shift that day.

Tuesday 9/4
I headed to work around 15 min early. At 7am, Winter messaged me, saying that Nurul didn't turn up for work. Wts, right? Luckily Winter reached Anson at 6.40 am so she managed to open the store and handle operations. I took the train and reached around 7.40 am. She called the Plaza outlet for help and luckily they could spare a staff from 12 to 4 pm to help out during the lunch hour. And so Iffah came. Thing is, lunch hour was so quiet that if Winter and I stretched a bit, we might have been able to cope. Lol. After 4 pm, Iffah headed back to Plaza to do closing while Winter and I did closing at Anson.
After I had reached home, Winter messaged me that an ex-staff was interested in returning to GJC so he and Iffah would do closing the next day, and Winter and I would be able to rest. :) I was SOOO thankful, like that ex-staff is an angel. :) But, I was wrong.

Wednesday 10/4
Winter and I did opening, and at 10 the ex-staff came. Name is Sean, he used to have black hair before he quit GJC but he dyed his whole head blond. Like white blond that kind. Tried not to be judgmental like when I first met Steph and just accept him. He has only ever worked at Anson once before, but Winter seemed to trust him to a certain degree to leave him as SIC, so that was good enough for me. Then at 12.30 pm, the lunch crowd came. I was doing food, Sean did bar and Winter did cashier. It took a while for Sean to understand that he had to pull his own shots, that he can't ask his 'junior' (me) to pull shots for him because I'm busy with my own things too. Strike 1. During the lunch crowd, he took his time to do latte art and draw on the foam for every single cup, without caring that a cup of Flat white shouldn't even have foam. And he used 4+ milk jugs, pouring milk here and there for some reason, wasting time and milk. And he would have a mini convo with each customer, asking them where is their native country and which industry do they work in. Usually we serve a cup every 1-2 min, he took 5 min. There was a super long queue waiting for their coffee, so you would expect good sales. But nope, it was barely half the usual sales. SOOO frustrating. Strike 2. After lunch, I busied around clearing up and topping up all the powder and syrups. And what does Sean do? "Xiao Mei ah, can help me wipe this? Xiao Mei I need a new cloth. Xiao Mei, refresh my bar toolkit." Strike 3. Dude I have a name. I have been at Anson longer than you, even though you have worked at GJC for a year plus, I am more familiar how things work here. Besides, I am busy. You wanna do something, do it yourself. Not that I actually said all that. But it pissed me off. Winter was pissed off too, but she still did whatever Sean asked ME to do. Sigh. I couldn't take it. I told him not to call me Xiao Mei. He took it lightly, still can laugh and say, "Xiao Mei, don't angry la Xiao Mei. ;)" I was holding the ice scoop then, I couldn't help it, my face just exploded in anger and I shook the ice scoop at him, and he jumped back, laughing like a little girl. >:( Winter tried to pass a comment that I AM the youngest, that Sean is 10 years older than me and she is even older. Didn't work. Sorry Winter, but whatever he deserves it.
At 4 pm, Iffah finally came from Plaza. :) That day when I worked at Plaza, I didn't get a good impression of Iffah because she kind of saw me as an outsider. But we're all good now. :))
Went for dinner with Hui at Bishan before heading home.

Thursday 11/4
I did opening with Winter. And I can't say anything more than that in case someone within GJC or anyone else reads this.
Iffah came at 12 pm to do closing shift. Winter had a meeting so she left around 1.30 pm, after the lunch crowd. Sean came around 2 pm. It was so tense between him and me. And I couldn't bank in the money because it got busy after Winter left and I daren't leave either Iffah or myself alone with Sean. MAJOR STRESSSSSS. Kept checking my phone for any message from Winter, especially after she said that she was on the way back to Anson with Ms Lim and Faz. (Faz, Adri, Eunice, Mel and I had a dinner date at Tampines Nando's so Faz came from the meeting at Tamp to pick me up) SOOOO THANKFUL when they came back at 6 pm. So thankful. Totally ready to collapse, until I saw that Winter was ready to collapse too. Sigh. So I stayed around helping Iffah with closing until 7.30 pm, then Faz and I took a cab to Tampines.
We talked quite a lot on the way, especially when Eunice called saying that Adri and Mel were at the Plaza Nando's. -.- Hahaha the two of them never really read the convo, just type "WOOHOO" and "OH YEAHHH" -.- So Adrina hahaha.
So yeap, Eunice reached first, then Faz and I, Adri and Mel came pretty late. Eunice, Faz and I ordered some sides while waiting. It was pretty amusing, sitting opposite Eunice and Faz and watching the two of them interact. I've never seen them together before haha. Two jokers. :) We ordered when the two ladies reached, the waiter really looks like Hasli lol. 0.o He said that "Extra extra hot" flavour is just normal spicy, so Adri ordered that. And now, we'll never trust "Hasli" again. Even Faz couldn't stand it HAHAHA. It was pretty chill, all 5 of us girls from across different outlets sitting at the same table, connected by different ways, like a web. :)) After dinner when Faz was having a smoke and we were figuring out how to get home, a waitress ran after us.... with my wallet. Heh. And a few seconds later she ran after us again.... with my payroll details. Heheh. *red face* I was super duper tired so Faz flagged down a cab for me. :) Reached home around 11pm.

Friday 12/4
Opening with Winter again. :) Found out that Sean got terminated. He deserves it. Though. Wonder what happened to him after he left GJC that made him so wild. And he was only gone for what, 5 months? Scary how a person can change so much. 180 degrees.
Did closing with Winter and Iffah.

Sunday 14/4
Did closing with Faz at Katong. And it was my 3 month anniversary since Adri, Mel, Kinseng and I joined GJC! Eunice joined 5 days before us. Exactly 3 months after Day 1, and I'm back at Katong. ^^
I admitted to Faz that Sean did say some things about Faz (She asked me in the cab on Thurs). But no matter what he said, I would never believe it. I know Faz for who I've seen her to be. And that's good enough. :) Nothing else matters.