16th Week... Without Winter
Monday 29/4
Linda and I did opening, Jake came at 10 instead of 8 and Junhao and Linda did closing. Junhao is the most experienced in GJC among us and Linda is a supervisor, but for the next 2 days I would be responsible for holding the fort together because I was the most familiar with Anson.
Opening was okay, because Linda comes at 6.15 so most things would be done by the time I reach at 6.30. I left the rest to Linda while I cleared up what Isaac didn't do for the cashier bit. As for the crowd, it was still manageable. :) Mondays are usually quieter across all outlets. Some customers were really nice, like Phil, who encouraged me when I admitted that I felt stressed managing the outlet. Awww. :)
During lunch, I did food, Junhao did B2, Jake did B1 and cold drinks and Linda did cashier. And then after the 3 crowds, Junhao pulled me out to talk to me while he took a smoke. He asked me how I felt without Winter around, whether I feel that Winter is an essential part of Anson. In other words, do I appreciate Winter now that she isn't around? Haha told him that I've always had, and loads too. If anyone knows how much Winter is needed at Anson, it's me. She's really Anson's pillar of strength, without her some customers don't even know their usual order! I stayed until 6.30pm, then Junhao pulled me out of the store to force me to leave. :P Manz shouldn't have left, because I got squished with the office crowd and my train was affected by a railway fault, by the time I reached Bishan it was 8pm. -.- Unlucky lor hahaha.
Tuesday 30/4
Same schedule, except that I did full shift to help Junhao with the month-end stock take! Haha Winter didn't even inform Junhao about it, she just trusted him to take care of things. And she's never voiced out the need to do stock take for the previous 2 months I've been in Anson! That girl ahh. Haha sighh. :) (She sounds like me, no? Heh.) During opening, Linda and I went through the pasta packages and EWWWW there were so many weevils crawling everywhere!! D'''': Gave me the creeps. So we threw away 15 packets of linguine. During my break I had 4 muffins! One of each flavour, because Winter ordered so many that the fridge was full of them. Chatted with Junhao while eating, he was keying in the hours we've worked and according to him I've already earned 1k from 16/4 to 30/4. Only half month and 1k, because of all the OTs. He thinks I'll earn more than him this month, and he's a full-time assistant manager at that! We'll see hahaha.
During the day, lots of customers kept asking, "Where's Winter? Is she around?" Yeap I guess it must feel off when something or someone is missing from your daily routine, especially if she's been part of your routine for 3 whole years. All the old staff have come and gone, but she's still here.
During closing, Yihui, Val and Jinz came to visit me! :) I could have gone back with them! But there was something wrong with the system and it couldn't save what we had keyed in, so we just waited and waited for Melvin's call (He's the IT guy from his company) which came at 9 plus. By the time we slowly keyed in everything and counted the things we forgot to count (like plastic bags omg who counts plastic bags) and double checked everything (if we submitted wrong information Winter will have to bear the responsibility) it was 1030 plus. Around 9 plus I had asked them to go home without me, sorry guys. My treat next time! :) Linda went home after she finished closing. Siew Choo said that we could claim the cab fare, because I was doing opening at Katong the next day (Labour Day! x2 pay on public holidays!), so I dropped Junhao off at Yio Chu Kang MRT. When I reached home, I asked the driver for the receipt, but guess what! His printer had broken down. Of all the cabs around we had to take the one with the broken printer. -.- The midnight surcharge emptied my wallet manz, barely had enough to pay him.
Wednesday 1/5
It's been so long since I've last done opening at Katong!! 3 months!! Haha I was a bit lost as to what I should do first, and I turned down a customer because I forgot that I could take his order and I only realised that when the second customer came. Heh. Faz came at 10 and the first thing she said was, "Are you open??" Yeap, the ice water jug wasn't done, the cloths were half-done, the ice box was half-filled, the bar was messy and the coffee of the day needed to be brewed. But she fixed all of that. It felt so much better with her around. :)
I got to meet Peiying! But it was quite awkward because neither of us knows how to hold a proper conversation and we're both focused on the work at hand. It WAS quite busy in the morning, until around 4pm, then it was all quiet.
On the other hand, Winter is back!!! :D
Thursday 2/5
I was scheduled to do closing with Winter, who was doing full shift. Haha I was so glad to see her!! :)) Gave her a side hug and she gave me a coin pouch with an elephant on it, and a Thailand doll keychain inside. I use the pouch for my keys and employee card now. :) She showed me the pictures she took in Bangkok and Pataya and we talked about her trip at the back, while Jake and Linda were busy handling orders out front. Heheheh. :P
Today is the day that Helen, a 60+ year old lady joined our Anson team. ^^ She got pulled from Macs over to GJC by Siew Choo to just do cashier (other things may be too complicated). I admit, at first Winter and I were skeptical, after all we've seen young and old staff hired by Siew Choo join and quit within days. But she's a really sweet lady! :) She took leave from Macs to work here for a week as a trial period, so gotta see her decision at the end of the week. It's just that whether at Macs or GJC, she can only work 7am - 3pm, because after that she has to go home and cook for her family. By the time Winter and I finished talking, lunch hour had started so we immediately jumped into action. I didn't get to talk to Helen until a break in the lunch queue.
During closing, I asked Winter to promise me that if I ever got mad or exploded, she'll stop me in my tracks before I made things worse. Haha she kept questioning me about it, like that time when I told her that someone said she IS Summer because she brightens up people's day (Adrina wanted to be anonymous haha). She was quite troubled that I'm unhappy at Anson haha. :(:
Friday 3/5
I was scheduled to do opening until 6pm, Jake did mid-shift and then Winter would close alone, but it turned out that Jake could stay until closing. I stayed until it was close to 7. Haha with the two of them doing pre-closing, it was quite hard to find something to do, so I just handed stuff to Winter to wash. While Jake was mopping the floor, I confessed to Winter what had happened between Linda and I, since Junhao thinks that Winter should be informed. I mean, I still can work with her, but our teamwork is limited by her attitude. Ahh whatever. :(
Satuday 4/5
Mid-shift at Katong! It's my 3-month anniversary at Anson! Amazing how time flies. :O I left Faz to do closing alone at 8.15pm to meet the SN clique at Holland V after Nessy's concert at Botanic Gardens! Only my second time at Holland V haha. :)
Linda and I did opening, Jake came at 10 instead of 8 and Junhao and Linda did closing. Junhao is the most experienced in GJC among us and Linda is a supervisor, but for the next 2 days I would be responsible for holding the fort together because I was the most familiar with Anson.
Opening was okay, because Linda comes at 6.15 so most things would be done by the time I reach at 6.30. I left the rest to Linda while I cleared up what Isaac didn't do for the cashier bit. As for the crowd, it was still manageable. :) Mondays are usually quieter across all outlets. Some customers were really nice, like Phil, who encouraged me when I admitted that I felt stressed managing the outlet. Awww. :)
During lunch, I did food, Junhao did B2, Jake did B1 and cold drinks and Linda did cashier. And then after the 3 crowds, Junhao pulled me out to talk to me while he took a smoke. He asked me how I felt without Winter around, whether I feel that Winter is an essential part of Anson. In other words, do I appreciate Winter now that she isn't around? Haha told him that I've always had, and loads too. If anyone knows how much Winter is needed at Anson, it's me. She's really Anson's pillar of strength, without her some customers don't even know their usual order! I stayed until 6.30pm, then Junhao pulled me out of the store to force me to leave. :P Manz shouldn't have left, because I got squished with the office crowd and my train was affected by a railway fault, by the time I reached Bishan it was 8pm. -.- Unlucky lor hahaha.
Tuesday 30/4
Same schedule, except that I did full shift to help Junhao with the month-end stock take! Haha Winter didn't even inform Junhao about it, she just trusted him to take care of things. And she's never voiced out the need to do stock take for the previous 2 months I've been in Anson! That girl ahh. Haha sighh. :) (She sounds like me, no? Heh.) During opening, Linda and I went through the pasta packages and EWWWW there were so many weevils crawling everywhere!! D'''': Gave me the creeps. So we threw away 15 packets of linguine. During my break I had 4 muffins! One of each flavour, because Winter ordered so many that the fridge was full of them. Chatted with Junhao while eating, he was keying in the hours we've worked and according to him I've already earned 1k from 16/4 to 30/4. Only half month and 1k, because of all the OTs. He thinks I'll earn more than him this month, and he's a full-time assistant manager at that! We'll see hahaha.
During the day, lots of customers kept asking, "Where's Winter? Is she around?" Yeap I guess it must feel off when something or someone is missing from your daily routine, especially if she's been part of your routine for 3 whole years. All the old staff have come and gone, but she's still here.
During closing, Yihui, Val and Jinz came to visit me! :) I could have gone back with them! But there was something wrong with the system and it couldn't save what we had keyed in, so we just waited and waited for Melvin's call (He's the IT guy from his company) which came at 9 plus. By the time we slowly keyed in everything and counted the things we forgot to count (like plastic bags omg who counts plastic bags) and double checked everything (if we submitted wrong information Winter will have to bear the responsibility) it was 1030 plus. Around 9 plus I had asked them to go home without me, sorry guys. My treat next time! :) Linda went home after she finished closing. Siew Choo said that we could claim the cab fare, because I was doing opening at Katong the next day (Labour Day! x2 pay on public holidays!), so I dropped Junhao off at Yio Chu Kang MRT. When I reached home, I asked the driver for the receipt, but guess what! His printer had broken down. Of all the cabs around we had to take the one with the broken printer. -.- The midnight surcharge emptied my wallet manz, barely had enough to pay him.
Wednesday 1/5
It's been so long since I've last done opening at Katong!! 3 months!! Haha I was a bit lost as to what I should do first, and I turned down a customer because I forgot that I could take his order and I only realised that when the second customer came. Heh. Faz came at 10 and the first thing she said was, "Are you open??" Yeap, the ice water jug wasn't done, the cloths were half-done, the ice box was half-filled, the bar was messy and the coffee of the day needed to be brewed. But she fixed all of that. It felt so much better with her around. :)
I got to meet Peiying! But it was quite awkward because neither of us knows how to hold a proper conversation and we're both focused on the work at hand. It WAS quite busy in the morning, until around 4pm, then it was all quiet.
On the other hand, Winter is back!!! :D
Thursday 2/5
I was scheduled to do closing with Winter, who was doing full shift. Haha I was so glad to see her!! :)) Gave her a side hug and she gave me a coin pouch with an elephant on it, and a Thailand doll keychain inside. I use the pouch for my keys and employee card now. :) She showed me the pictures she took in Bangkok and Pataya and we talked about her trip at the back, while Jake and Linda were busy handling orders out front. Heheheh. :P
Today is the day that Helen, a 60+ year old lady joined our Anson team. ^^ She got pulled from Macs over to GJC by Siew Choo to just do cashier (other things may be too complicated). I admit, at first Winter and I were skeptical, after all we've seen young and old staff hired by Siew Choo join and quit within days. But she's a really sweet lady! :) She took leave from Macs to work here for a week as a trial period, so gotta see her decision at the end of the week. It's just that whether at Macs or GJC, she can only work 7am - 3pm, because after that she has to go home and cook for her family. By the time Winter and I finished talking, lunch hour had started so we immediately jumped into action. I didn't get to talk to Helen until a break in the lunch queue.
During closing, I asked Winter to promise me that if I ever got mad or exploded, she'll stop me in my tracks before I made things worse. Haha she kept questioning me about it, like that time when I told her that someone said she IS Summer because she brightens up people's day (Adrina wanted to be anonymous haha). She was quite troubled that I'm unhappy at Anson haha. :(:
Friday 3/5
I was scheduled to do opening until 6pm, Jake did mid-shift and then Winter would close alone, but it turned out that Jake could stay until closing. I stayed until it was close to 7. Haha with the two of them doing pre-closing, it was quite hard to find something to do, so I just handed stuff to Winter to wash. While Jake was mopping the floor, I confessed to Winter what had happened between Linda and I, since Junhao thinks that Winter should be informed. I mean, I still can work with her, but our teamwork is limited by her attitude. Ahh whatever. :(
Satuday 4/5
Mid-shift at Katong! It's my 3-month anniversary at Anson! Amazing how time flies. :O I left Faz to do closing alone at 8.15pm to meet the SN clique at Holland V after Nessy's concert at Botanic Gardens! Only my second time at Holland V haha. :)