First Spoonful of Applesauce

Yup, I've signed up for the second Jar of Applesauce! ^^ And today was the first session we've had! Wasn't able to commit for the first series 'cos of work and it didn't feel like I should either at that point in time. But I'm really glad that I joined in this Jar!

Applesauce: Commitment, Community, Confidentiality.

I really like how these are the 3 basic ground rules for Applesauce. You are now part of a community that supports each other and is committed to meet up to dive into God's Word on a regular basis and there is a trust and accountability within the community, which breeds open sharing and encouragement and building each other up by the Spirit.
Also, this Jar is on Discipling and how to disciple others, which is a topic I've never even touched until this year's church camp, and which has been boiling on my back-burners. For the future me, I mean that it has been a topic that is a burden, but only at the back of my mind. Back-burners, what a nice term. ^^ Haha anyways.

Yup we had our first Spoonful today! I just came up with the term Spoonful haha. We had a session of briefing and worship and bonding before breaking into our groups for BS! Oh and since Applesauce is meant to be self-sufficient, aka it is run by its participants, we gotta roster ourselves to lead BS and send out prayer requests and prepare food and bonding activities and worship. Such a new thing to me, I totally freaked out at the thought of leading BS or even a bonding activity. (T^T ) Serene saw my stunned expression hahaha. Things will work out I guess. I'm doing Prayer IC for my group the next session! So that's a start. :)

Jasmine told me that she had placed Selena and I together because we are both tanking Youth Comm and we're supporting each other, and I think she placed Ben K with us for that reason too, as a Comm member of the previous batch. But I'm really thankful that I'm in the same group as the others in my group too! Kexin, I couldn't work with her in the past but now she's really a changed person in terms of her faith and I wanna get to know her better because I think I can learn quite a few things from her. Laura, another intellect along with Ben K, she's one of the Young Adults that I have been comfortable with since I first joined Youth Ministry and she's really encouraged me once in the past, and I still hold on to that piece of encouragement until today. And Yujun, transiting into the YAM, she was one of the first Young Adults whom I only just got to know then, and she chatted with me so readily (we met when I joined them for lunch I think) so I'm pretty comfortable with her too. Abigail trusts her too I think so she's a definite good-to-go. :) And already, after dinnertime one group member messaged me and encouraged me on certain issues which I had expressed during discussion. :')

Although, yeah I think it's a bit sad that the old groups from the previous Jar, because now there's a bit lacking in common understanding and common growth. But in the first place, that would only work if the number of new people who come in each Jar are sufficient to form a group and they are all committed. It doesn't take more that a few MIAs to cause the new group to be unable to conduct a discussion.


Another thing, I need to keep working on the Youth Noticeboard. >.< Can't leave it as an orange background now that I've torn the old one down.