It's we who build Community

Hello! :)

Idk. It seems like I don't write journals nowadays, only blog posts. Feels more like I'm speaking to someone. Letting things out. A form of release.
What has passed?

Hmm birthdays. Oh gosh there are SO. MANY. Nov Babies. And oh shucks I forgot to wish Laura and Luke :O Maaaaaaan :( Anws yeah. Dawn on 7th; Ada on the 15th; Rachel and I on the 16th; Gladys, Vally and Yujun on the 18th; Kimmy on the 19th; Laura on 21st; Luke on 22nd. Wow.

And this year I'm 19! ^^ Sound quite old because it's my last year as a teen, but I feel so young because everyone in Uni and YAM are 20+, some even in their 30s. Hahaha I remember Abby refused to accept she's 20 and would rather be twenteen. We are getting old. But it feels quite nice being treated like the youngest. ^^ Celebrations was quite tiring this year, because I just wasn't in the mood. But I'm very very thankful for friends :) A Pooh bear gave me balloons and the churchies did a beautiful card :)

Oh oh in 2 months time the twins will turn 21!! ^^ Excites for them!

And. My mentor and I met up for dinner (on Friday) for the first time! :)) ^^ But she refuses to label this as a mentor-disciple relationship, so we're just calling it a partnership. Hahahaha. We just talked, get to know each other better and on a deeper level. We both agree that God intentionally places people in our lives for specific reasons and specific seasons, whether it is to help us grow or struggle. And it's the same for the other person. And if we aren't intentional about our relationships with other, then we miss out a little and we miss watching God unfold someone else's life into our own. And we'll never know what kind of an impact we left on the person.

I'm pretty assured that we're the right 'partner' for each other. She seems to have a certain 'awareness/instinct' regarding the particular areas I'm seeking direction on, but she isn't aware what are the words that go with it. But she truly believes that the Holy Spirit will lead us both to it by using our mouths. Do I make sense even? Ahha. Quite excited as to where this leads us :))

One last thing. Laura was telling me during one Applesauce discussion that I'm suitable for welcoming newcomers because I'm safe and I wouldn't scare or harm them. (She also said that I wouldn't be able to liven up the mood in a group, which thankfully is true! That's Kexin's job.)

Yup so today after church service, I was talking to Pearlyn like on usual BS weeks (Jonas will talk to Jenny) and we happened to see Yujun, Angeline and Louise (Yujun's colleague). I haven't seen Angeline in a while so it was nice. Then I turned to say hi to Louise, and she immediately made a beeline for me! Like, woah hold up man. But it was nice talking to her! :) It's just.... Scary. So God throws me a rope and all I can think of is: Omgzxzx too scary I can't do this get away from me!!! (Steadily escalating voice)

And I just realized that once Louise and I started talking, Yujun just pangseh-ed me and disappeared :O But it would have been skewed to hold a 3-way convo.

Doesn't feel like exams are starting tomorrow hahaha. 5pm to 7pm test. Likka funny only.