1. Learning How to Pray Anew

Since the beginning of the year, every week has been a struggle with something different. That was only the beginning. Now I should focus back on ministry in church and struggle with some things for weeks on end. Struggle as in discipline and trying to understand to understand certain things. Everyone has their own personal struggles, no biggie. (:

*\o/* CONGRE CARE *\o/*

Wonder whether I'll be able to take it somewhere. Must remember to focus on CC together with Comm stuff. >.< Keep forgetting tsk.

Anyways.
Dom Yeo talked to me that day, and he reminded me that we shouldn't be praying for things to happen in a particular way. To put it more directly, we can't pray that things will happen MY WAY. I did, and time and time again, God just turned His ear away from me. So Dom asked me this: Which is more important to you personally, your way or God's way?

And it really reminded me that God is sovereign (just learned how to spell that word). God is sovereign. He numbers our hair, He numbers our days, He guides our footsteps, and makes it HIS way. And God is good. In that whatever happens, it happens for our good and for the good of others. Maybe I'm naive, but maybe the common good and the 'personal' good are the same.

Yesterday Science VCF went for a short walk at Bukit Timah, we took the Cave trail. Unfortunately the caves are now closed off. We only saw a cute brown sun skink, a red-headed sunbird, a robberfly feeding on another fly, a tiny brown bird and spiders and ants, as well as many diseased plants. But still, there was so much serenity. (Plus I felt so happy to be trekking up a hill again, like I was back in ODAC.) Sure we have organs and body systems, but you can't fit them into an ant or a tree. Yet both are just as equipped for life, each fashioned by the Creator.

On a side note, we went to play Escape the Room at Exit Plan yesterday night! (: Played the simplest room, Zombie Apocalypse (heng ah, no zombies). Even though we had Bendom, Jiamin and Jonas, we still couldn't solve it. The last puzzle was just.... You'll never expect it. -.- But it was fun! ((: 

Yesterday was a good day. (: 
(Although, I woke up too late to go to school and now I can't focus on my readings. And hence I am here, blogging and reading Jamie's FB thread on Twitch Play Pokemon.)