Past Week + 1 John
Last week of work left!!
HURRAH!!
Pray for opportunity to share the Gospel with Linda..
And OH BLESSED!!
Finally met up with mentor on Thurs for dinner and BS after 2 long months (: Sometimes it hurts to confess your sins to a brother/sister, because of the shame. But how blessed, it was a joy to confess our sins. And now I pray to learn the full depravity of my own sin. Who does that?! Only by grace, by His writing His law on my innermost parts.
#Verseoftheday: James 5:16
OH LOVE.
Went for IFG Food trail with the Vietnamese and other Graduate International students. While waiting to rendezvous with them, I read 1 John, a book on love.
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
1 John 3:10
I don't know the Bible well, nor how literal is this verse but. I think the second most important law is clear enough. Love your neighbour as yourself. By choosing who to love, we despise those whom we ignore and that is sin. That is sin. We break God's law. The next few verses even compares one who hates his brother to a murderer, like how Cain hated and killed Abel.
How then should we reach out to include others into our community? Reach out to all, lovables and unlovables. It is draining, yes. So every single time we reach out, it has to be through reliance on God. He provides the stimulating conversation, the strength, the love, the opportunity to go deeper.
I confess, I am tired of Befrienders, of being intentional every week. But the notion of community is growing, and my own encouragement to someone else has even come back to me. >.< And now this! I cannot turn away, only forge ahead. And IFG is just perfect for this. Already got a few strangers to find during Bidding Party and need to maintain contact with new friends.
#Verseoftheday: Psalm 139:23-24
Sleep now. Thank you Father for every good gift, they come from above.
HURRAH!!
Pray for opportunity to share the Gospel with Linda..
And OH BLESSED!!
Finally met up with mentor on Thurs for dinner and BS after 2 long months (: Sometimes it hurts to confess your sins to a brother/sister, because of the shame. But how blessed, it was a joy to confess our sins. And now I pray to learn the full depravity of my own sin. Who does that?! Only by grace, by His writing His law on my innermost parts.
#Verseoftheday: James 5:16
OH LOVE.
Went for IFG Food trail with the Vietnamese and other Graduate International students. While waiting to rendezvous with them, I read 1 John, a book on love.
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
1 John 3:10
I don't know the Bible well, nor how literal is this verse but. I think the second most important law is clear enough. Love your neighbour as yourself. By choosing who to love, we despise those whom we ignore and that is sin. That is sin. We break God's law. The next few verses even compares one who hates his brother to a murderer, like how Cain hated and killed Abel.
How then should we reach out to include others into our community? Reach out to all, lovables and unlovables. It is draining, yes. So every single time we reach out, it has to be through reliance on God. He provides the stimulating conversation, the strength, the love, the opportunity to go deeper.
I confess, I am tired of Befrienders, of being intentional every week. But the notion of community is growing, and my own encouragement to someone else has even come back to me. >.< And now this! I cannot turn away, only forge ahead. And IFG is just perfect for this. Already got a few strangers to find during Bidding Party and need to maintain contact with new friends.
#Verseoftheday: Psalm 139:23-24
Sleep now. Thank you Father for every good gift, they come from above.