Yet Another...

Just some musings after attending yet another wake.
Uncle Richie watched me grow up in church, while I watched him and his kids grow old. He'll always be ready with a joke to make you smile, no matter how lame the joke. Haha. Bet he and ol' Jesus are cracking jokes at each other now. Really a man of God. That's how I see him.

Another one lost to cancer, another one joining the saints in Heaven.

Maybe it's just part of growing older, but the number of wakes I've attended in a year is increasing. And it is really no fun at all. Whether you knew the deceased or not, it's a deadweight in the heart. Some, you really feel for their loved ones and you want to cry too. But it is not our place to weep aloud when there are those who mourn. So we all weep silently and be strong for them.

It is really no fun seeing incomplete families around church. It really isn't. What fills those holes? Have they been filled?

The more wakes I attend, the more I understand the pain of loss. Yet the more losses we suffer, the more we are trained in turning to Heaven for hope and assurance and trust that his soul is safe in His big hands. And the more opportunities you see your local church community come alive.
Just a question. Why cancer again?
It would spare the family the shock of a sudden death. But to watch your loved one waste away while still in mortal form....
How we look forward to the resurrection of our and their physical bodies.

And. How we look forward to the day we die, that we may finally be with Jesus in Heaven.

His eyes are on the ways of mortals; He sees their every step. Job 34:21