Sunday
Sigh, once again, I didn't get to spend Sunday afternoon with Selly, Jasmine and Ben. ): Saddddddddd. ): Selly is a little sad too heh. Didn't even get to talk to Beverly. I'm sorry!!!
On the other hand. I learned quite a bit yesterday.
Decided to sit into Cheryl's BS group because I was bringing Matthias upstairs, he and his brother Samuel have never joined BS before. Wow the Sec1s were really noisy, given that my strange presence already quelled it a little. Hahaha we really need to split them up next year. One Meeting Room 4 cannot contain them. But I learned from Cheryl that no matter how pissed off we get, it's important to remember why we are sitting in the same echo-y room as them and what we are striving at: Guiding them in getting to know who God is. So you can get angry, but don't get irritable or irritated at them, because that's just selfishly wanting to have our way. A practical view of an article I just read of Desiring God. (:
Then after Chinese service with Betty, we had a chat with Yili's mum from the Befriender's team. The lady pastor also joined us, she comes from a Taiwan background. I had previously underestimated the influence of Betty's upbringing on her choice to accept Christ, coming from a Singaporean background. It's so strong, and especially so because her parents' careers are tied to the government. Jun was perfectly right. And I learned empathy and compassion.
After that, I got a barrage of questions from Betty over lunch. Thank God for helping me, for answering my prayers of taking control of my speech. And thank God for his mysterious ways, that my primary school friend's mum is in the Befriender's team.
During evening service, Amos preached a really interesting and encouraging message. (: A list of Paul's greetings was turned into a message of encouragement for God's servants, through thorough research on each of Paul's friends' backgrounds and life after they joined Paul in service. Haven't figured out how to apply it practically, but it was really inspiring. ((: As servants of the Gospel, Christ's work we carry on~ And through our prayer and witness, by grace we might win some~ (:
After service, Yanni, Huiru, Dom Yeo and I had dinner until 9pm. ^^ All awesome people to have convos with. Thank you God! (:
Thank God for sustaining me for 3 services!! (:
On the other hand. I learned quite a bit yesterday.
Decided to sit into Cheryl's BS group because I was bringing Matthias upstairs, he and his brother Samuel have never joined BS before. Wow the Sec1s were really noisy, given that my strange presence already quelled it a little. Hahaha we really need to split them up next year. One Meeting Room 4 cannot contain them. But I learned from Cheryl that no matter how pissed off we get, it's important to remember why we are sitting in the same echo-y room as them and what we are striving at: Guiding them in getting to know who God is. So you can get angry, but don't get irritable or irritated at them, because that's just selfishly wanting to have our way. A practical view of an article I just read of Desiring God. (:
Then after Chinese service with Betty, we had a chat with Yili's mum from the Befriender's team. The lady pastor also joined us, she comes from a Taiwan background. I had previously underestimated the influence of Betty's upbringing on her choice to accept Christ, coming from a Singaporean background. It's so strong, and especially so because her parents' careers are tied to the government. Jun was perfectly right. And I learned empathy and compassion.
After that, I got a barrage of questions from Betty over lunch. Thank God for helping me, for answering my prayers of taking control of my speech. And thank God for his mysterious ways, that my primary school friend's mum is in the Befriender's team.
During evening service, Amos preached a really interesting and encouraging message. (: A list of Paul's greetings was turned into a message of encouragement for God's servants, through thorough research on each of Paul's friends' backgrounds and life after they joined Paul in service. Haven't figured out how to apply it practically, but it was really inspiring. ((: As servants of the Gospel, Christ's work we carry on~ And through our prayer and witness, by grace we might win some~ (:
After service, Yanni, Huiru, Dom Yeo and I had dinner until 9pm. ^^ All awesome people to have convos with. Thank you God! (:
Thank God for sustaining me for 3 services!! (: