20 More Days
So I've ended Year 2 Sem 1 on 1 Dec. That was 25 days to Christmas. By some chance, Sabrina and I were in the same exam hall, she was taking Fundamental Pharmacology, I was taking Cell Biology. So the Year 3 seniors got to see Prof Thilo again. That day, I went for a movie alone and went for a walk from Dhoby to Somerset to Newton, skipping over Orchard.
2 Dec, 24 days to Christmas. Rested at home.
3 Dec, 23 days to Christmas. Apparently Dec is an awesome month, because it's when I hear God the loudest. Spent the morning at home, spent the afternoon reflecting on the past 6 years alone in church, spent the evening at Prayer meeting. And sitting alone in Meeting room 4, I was reading that hope is savoring Christ and all His promises. That made me realize that hope is based on faith (that His promises will come true), which is based on trust (that His words are true). And I got stuck there, because really that's the problem I faced. At that prayer meeting, I asked to pray for trust. That day, I also remembered how God had blessed me with so much grace over the 6 year stretch. So much. I was so undeserving, an empty portfolio, but He wrote it Himself. So thankful with tears in my eyes.
4 Dec, 22 days to Christmas. Went out with Pam and Sam to Orchard before heading to church for a Comm meeting on drafting our very first SOP. I guess, this is the start point of our direction for the future, something we have always been looking for.
5 Dec, 21 days to Christmas. Went to the Green Corridor with Joey and Tricia, we covered a 1.5 km stretch between the Rail Mall and Bukit Timah entrance. It wasn't very productive. It worried us to see Joey so worried. Which made me realize (or God speaking to me), if we care for Joey and hate to see her stressed, how much more must Father hate seeing us pull our hairs out? Especially when He is agape love and He is in control over ALL things. How much He must want us to trust Him. That night, I went for a talk entitled "Between Jubilee and Advent" with Sabrina and it covered how the Jubilee and Sabbath years were meant as a reminder that the land belongs to God and we must trust Him to provide while the fields lie fallow. Again, trust. We also had discussions on how Jubilee can be applied in our lives, in our churches. That we must ACT as a church and give freely and aim for equality. No one should be taken advantage of or denied their dignity or means of living. Okay, for weeks the thought of doing something tangible in seeking justice has stayed with me. But after weeks, I thought it hopeless. I am but a Life Science student, the most useless, under-demand degree ever. But the discussion, the people's hearts, gave a glimmer of hope. Though my sins will lead me astray, we can do something together. Maybe something as simple as volunteering at Healthserve?
6 Dec, 20 days to Christmas. Had a Comm meeting on the past year and the upcoming year. I need to humble myself and accept others' opinion, because God could be making use of them to speak too. After all, I am but a member of this team and I am but young and immature in the world.
Lead me by the hand, Father. Teach me a heart of service. Not so with you.
2 Dec, 24 days to Christmas. Rested at home.
3 Dec, 23 days to Christmas. Apparently Dec is an awesome month, because it's when I hear God the loudest. Spent the morning at home, spent the afternoon reflecting on the past 6 years alone in church, spent the evening at Prayer meeting. And sitting alone in Meeting room 4, I was reading that hope is savoring Christ and all His promises. That made me realize that hope is based on faith (that His promises will come true), which is based on trust (that His words are true). And I got stuck there, because really that's the problem I faced. At that prayer meeting, I asked to pray for trust. That day, I also remembered how God had blessed me with so much grace over the 6 year stretch. So much. I was so undeserving, an empty portfolio, but He wrote it Himself. So thankful with tears in my eyes.
4 Dec, 22 days to Christmas. Went out with Pam and Sam to Orchard before heading to church for a Comm meeting on drafting our very first SOP. I guess, this is the start point of our direction for the future, something we have always been looking for.
5 Dec, 21 days to Christmas. Went to the Green Corridor with Joey and Tricia, we covered a 1.5 km stretch between the Rail Mall and Bukit Timah entrance. It wasn't very productive. It worried us to see Joey so worried. Which made me realize (or God speaking to me), if we care for Joey and hate to see her stressed, how much more must Father hate seeing us pull our hairs out? Especially when He is agape love and He is in control over ALL things. How much He must want us to trust Him. That night, I went for a talk entitled "Between Jubilee and Advent" with Sabrina and it covered how the Jubilee and Sabbath years were meant as a reminder that the land belongs to God and we must trust Him to provide while the fields lie fallow. Again, trust. We also had discussions on how Jubilee can be applied in our lives, in our churches. That we must ACT as a church and give freely and aim for equality. No one should be taken advantage of or denied their dignity or means of living. Okay, for weeks the thought of doing something tangible in seeking justice has stayed with me. But after weeks, I thought it hopeless. I am but a Life Science student, the most useless, under-demand degree ever. But the discussion, the people's hearts, gave a glimmer of hope. Though my sins will lead me astray, we can do something together. Maybe something as simple as volunteering at Healthserve?
6 Dec, 20 days to Christmas. Had a Comm meeting on the past year and the upcoming year. I need to humble myself and accept others' opinion, because God could be making use of them to speak too. After all, I am but a member of this team and I am but young and immature in the world.
Lead me by the hand, Father. Teach me a heart of service. Not so with you.