Pilgrim's Journey

I think I'm slowly learning. I see it more now. God is teaching me to be humble by making me teachable, through this need to learn and through this struggle.

Perhaps the most interesting thing is what I read this morning, an article on Desiring God entitled "When God says Go". Summary: God is going to build a kingdom, and His new Earth consists of new Jerusalem, a new city. When Cain killed Abel, he was banished, and what did he do? He built a town, a kind of mini-kingdom for himself. In contrast, Abraham was called to go to the Promised Land (wherever that may be, he didn't know) to live in a simple tent for the rest of his life. In that same way, we are called to be sojourners in the world. Our security must not be in the shallow things of this world, but of the hope that is to come and eternal life.
It's interesting because of the contrast between tents and buildings and buildings lined with gold in the new Jerusalem. But also, are we building all these cities because we are seeking somewhere to belong in?

Tuesday. We had a discussion with Engine on how our faith can affect our academics and vise versa. And Rachel Leng said: Ultimately, whether you believe in evolution or theistic evolution or creationism, I think everyone is just trying to find the answer to why we are here on Earth.
The question behind the question. Because I highly doubt that we will win souls through convincing arguments that our God is the Creator.

Today at CG. Thank God I joined Rachel Yong's group, because we went straight to the heart of the matter: the giving of ourselves. Because at its core, hospitality has a cost. And I have been struggling with that. Also, Wex recently shared on the AnnTiC WA chat, it is impossible for anyone (we are reaching out to) to exhaust the depths of God's love and it is not us who loves, but God in us.
Because of Befrienders, I've been thinking: What is true love? Why am I tired of giving? What is wrong with me?
To remember from GBG that everyone is a life and everyone has a story to tell and they want someone to tell it to.

More questions: Why am I in IFG? How much do I want to commit to it? Do I want to join SenT and why? How much do I want to commit to it? How shall I balance church and VCF? Why am I a Befriender? #existentialcrisis

Questions and Struggles. Prayers for conviction.

Oh on Wed, we joined the church for their worship, and it's a pentacostal church. It was a first for me, quite interesting and really super tiring somehow. I felt so not in the mood and not connected emotionally, so I just chose to have a small bit of assurance that it's not the emotions, that God is always always with me and in me. And that opened me up to receive more.

Oh and I haven't done much for the Tarsiers essay despite 6 hours in the library T.T