A Step Closer to Conclusions

Okay, not really a conclusion, because eventually I'll have to go further than this.

So. I've been thinking about why I serve where I serve. Am I really serving anyone? Is anyone benefiting and am I growing from this? So much self-reflection and humility is necessary. And it is so so hard to do this intentionally.
#jesustransformslives #whowearenowisntwhowecanbe

What I've concluded so far is. We serve in our various capacities in order to give glory to God. No one is able to fully serve without God's empowering of some sort. That's also why serving for the sake of self-glorification (for the title of "servant", for the joy of serving, in order to fit in with the crowd) is futile. I want to learn to be humble. I want to show the younger ones the joy of knowing and seeking who God is. I want to open their eyes to what can be, to dream of the Body, loving and serving in fellowship, united under the Head.
--> We serve for the glory of God (which also happens to lead to our good)

So then. I know now what is the purpose of service. And I know why each of these ministries exist (or I think I do). But in between that is: why am "I" serving here? How has God shaped me to place me in this ministry? Or what does He want me to learn and gain from being in here, that I can bring out to another ministry?

Side note: I've been following Joey to BSF for the past two sessions, we're in different groups. But it has impacted me already. Just the first two chapters of Exodus has reminded about God's faithfulness and tender mercies and providence. And now, I'm holding on to Romans 8:28 because without it, my hope is lost. It would mean that all is moot and my work will never be good enough.
--> God calls, God justifies, God sanctifies

And. I've been humbled this week. BSF was Monday. During CG on Tues, I learned a lot from Joy and Sam, about reverence for God in worship and that from OT to NT, the definition of joy is to know God. On Wed, Mag talked to me about healing ministries and I learned that I cannot/must not ever imagine limitations to God's power. Thurs, we had a meeting about Mentorship/Coaching/Discipleship and I realised that. If I want to be a servant, I need to break my Will to God and give myself up. So incredibly hard.

God have your way with me. And I hope that through this mentorship, I can grow to be like my mentor, with a firm understanding of grace, God's love, assurance of salvation and joy.