Winter to Summer

SUMMER IS HEREEEE

Not that school was literally wintery cold and gloomy. In fact, Year 2 Sem 2 was pretty interesting! Nature of Language and Terrestrial Ecology were particularly interesting and I really enjoyed the education! (: It really helped that I took the mod with friends! Got to know Jinqing, Tong and Nat better, plus a sweet new friend in Rebs. ^^ Selly and I took Water together, so we got to spend every Thurs morning together (except when she has consultations and I oversleep). No chance to meet her when she starts work manz. :'( So yeah, 01 and 02 were not as enjoyable, but Metab was pretty interesting to learn (when I manage to stay awake in lectures). But DNA... Prof Deng's content was really interesting, I'll give her that, she taught us about phages to a much deeper level in terms of genetic regulation. Apart from that, 02 and 01 basically served as a chance to catch up on sleep. Hehe.

Year 3 lo! *\o/* But seniors are graduating.... Stay leh, let me suck off more of your brains and hearts. I feel like I'm not up to standard as a senior, that they are so brilliant! And their passion! Sigh :') So so grateful to be in VCF.

But this summer, its gonna be serious man... *Cue first line of I'll Make A Man Out of You* LET'S GET DOWN TO BIZNESS.
- Youth Comm Handover
- Youth Camp Comm - settle roles, theme, venue, speaker
- Youth Comm Mentorship
- Church Camp - leading BS and bonding with the youths
- Get serious on Befrienders
- Get serious on Congre Care

That's just church. Then plus Healthserve Internship for the whole June (DIE >.<" superbly scared and nervous). And Special Sem UTU with Siming (hope to bond with her)! Plus IFG Advance AND SEnT Advance. AHHHHH. And I do hope that Crystal can get a glimpse into YM too! (:

Yet not I, but Christ who lives in me.
This morning on the train, I was thinking about it. Now that we're pastor-less and with so many new things rolling in, we're serving in a greater capacity. It is exciting and challenging, yet just thinking about makes me shrink back into myself, because I'm not good enough. I'm just a lost sheep in the wilderness, struggling in my own walk, struggling with the lack of people-skills and wisdom.
"We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?"

"Who are you not to be? You are a child of God."
And I realized that if it's really not us, then it matters not what are our weaknesses or strengths. If the one doing the work is really CHRIST who lives in me, then it matters no longer WHO I am, but what is being done for HIS Kingdom. It's a big picture view, where the individual workers don't matter as much as the final masterpiece. All that matters is what is being done, for the people of GOD. Not who is doing it. And that is why we are to be living sacrifices, so that GOD's purpose prevails and HE gets the glory. Galatians 2:20

So it is my prayer this summer. To become increasingly humble that I may increasingly fear GOD. To increasingly surrender and submit to HIM who is sovereign. To increasingly see GOD's grace in my life to know GOD with my heart. And that all that I do may be according to HIS purpose and centered on HIM.

Amen! (: