Growth Chart: QT & Posture
So it dawned upon me this morning that... Okay more like GOD yelled into my head that if He is the GOD of my life, then why is my posture at morning QT so horrible??!
It's really a bad idea to do QT on my bed, cos I'll just laze around or pray slouching/lying down and sometimes (like today) fall asleep during prayer. My mind isn't truly focused on Him, the Saviour of my life. The words are said in passing, what I think He wants to hear.
That's Malachi's first objection to the Israelites: Their worship is slipshod! They offer imperfect sacrifices on the altar, because you could earn more from selling that unblemished lamb at the market. Besides, GOD doesn't seem to be physically present, there's no angel that occasionally passes by to spotcheck your sacrifices or worship events or QT. "How did you make the incense? Did you offer the sacrifices in an appropriate manner? Did you wash your ephod yesterday? GOD is pleased, A+ for you." It also showed that the Israelites did not fear the LORD their GOD. They did not revere Him as their Master. As Malachi says, they despised GOD.
It is tough to be accountable to a GOD that is invisible and intangible. But worse, I know that I do not fear the LORD. I need constant reminders to see Him as bigger. I need constant reminders to stop and behold GOD, to contemplate on Him at the foot of the cross.
I can lament, O how small is my faith, that I should always falter, falling to the left and the right! But it is pointless, He has portioned this amount for me. What can I do? I can only keep chasing Him, accepting my failures and mistakes, looking to Christ as the Way. Even keeping the straight course is hard.
So many doubts, too unhealthy. Anyways, I wrote this because I couldn't concentrate even after GOD yelled at me. So I typed to get my thoughts straight and to see if this train of thought can be expanded. How shall I do QT from here on? I don't know... I still like my bed because I'm at the upper bunk, so it offers a sense of privacy. Maybe I could move to my brother's bed in the other room lol.
It's really a bad idea to do QT on my bed, cos I'll just laze around or pray slouching/lying down and sometimes (like today) fall asleep during prayer. My mind isn't truly focused on Him, the Saviour of my life. The words are said in passing, what I think He wants to hear.
That's Malachi's first objection to the Israelites: Their worship is slipshod! They offer imperfect sacrifices on the altar, because you could earn more from selling that unblemished lamb at the market. Besides, GOD doesn't seem to be physically present, there's no angel that occasionally passes by to spotcheck your sacrifices or worship events or QT. "How did you make the incense? Did you offer the sacrifices in an appropriate manner? Did you wash your ephod yesterday? GOD is pleased, A+ for you." It also showed that the Israelites did not fear the LORD their GOD. They did not revere Him as their Master. As Malachi says, they despised GOD.
It is tough to be accountable to a GOD that is invisible and intangible. But worse, I know that I do not fear the LORD. I need constant reminders to see Him as bigger. I need constant reminders to stop and behold GOD, to contemplate on Him at the foot of the cross.
I can lament, O how small is my faith, that I should always falter, falling to the left and the right! But it is pointless, He has portioned this amount for me. What can I do? I can only keep chasing Him, accepting my failures and mistakes, looking to Christ as the Way. Even keeping the straight course is hard.
So many doubts, too unhealthy. Anyways, I wrote this because I couldn't concentrate even after GOD yelled at me. So I typed to get my thoughts straight and to see if this train of thought can be expanded. How shall I do QT from here on? I don't know... I still like my bed because I'm at the upper bunk, so it offers a sense of privacy. Maybe I could move to my brother's bed in the other room lol.