2nd Summer Is Ending

And so... A new year is soon to begin.... in the middle of the year. Hahaha. Plus all those exclaims from aunties and uncles, "Wah, Year 3 already ahh! So old already! I still remember you when you were a small kid!" (Uncle Michael says he remembers me in my diapers ^^) I don't feel 21. I feel like a kid among the Young Adults (YAs), I am comfortable among my Pauls. So. Time to grow up, to be more independent in the way I live. But perhaps I shall stick to my empty plans for the future. (: Although it would be good to start considering driving. ): Agnes jokingly asked if we should take the test together hahaha. Mind you, Agnes is around 36. She needs to convert her American driving license. :P

Anyways. It's kind of sad that summer is ending. During these 3 months, there were so many things I did and did not do.

Things I did do:
- Watch Befrienders kick-start among the YAs
- Lots of church meetings in May (which I no longer recall)
- We kicked off SEnT
- Special Sem: UTU with Siming
- Meet up with 3/4 of the PSG
- Healthserve: Salt Between Us (and the first Reflections paper)
- Finish "Haggai Zechariah Malachi"
- Church camp, FOC, LPC

Things I did not do:
- Exercise
- Finish my cross-stitch
- Complete "A Call to Spiritual Reformation" book (started on another book instead)
- Sleep a lot
- Kick-start Befrienders in Youth
- Go for GBG
- Do the second Reflections paper for Healthserve
- Go on field trips/ hikes

This summer was so productive, more productive that working part-time! Only managed to get a breather during this last week before school starts. But more than that, so many things touched my soul. I feel like I'm sort of a different person now; still the same inside and out, but more self-aware. I started the holidays without the full knowledge that I am a sinner; I end the holidays with both the burden of my sins and a hope in my God; I look forward to dropping my burden and watching it roll away at the cross, just as Christian did in Pilgrim's Progress. Along the way, you gain some and lose some.
Let Christ be sufficient in my life.

Looking forward, it's gonna be a time of testing;
I suspect I am physiologically more prone to anxiety. I can actually feel my heart rate increasing whenever I get anxious. Lubdub lubdub, it thumps like a rabbit in my chest. And well knowing this, I have agreed to step up as Secretary of SEnT. To keep track of deadlines and progress reports without getting anxious or turning into a control freak will be tough. This is on top of worrying for people, keeping my own homework deadlines, brainstorming on Congre Care.

It's also gonna be a time of transforming;
I'm quite tired of handling freshies, frankly. It is rather tough to empathise with them, their mindsets are still fresh from JC. Plus there's no guarantee that that they'll stay in VCF! But then again, it's as Charyl said. We don't do something, hoping for results. We do it because it's who we are in God. Indeed, summer has taught me to love others out of a knowledge of God's love for us. But this is an area that I've always struggled with. And to support and develop the Year 2s, that's another matter.

And it's gonna be a time of training;
I am too comfortable in school. Yet God calls us to be not only hearers of the Word, but doers as well. I'm not really cut out for proclamation, but we are all called to evangelise, right? I need to hang out with my lecture mates more. Courage, Purpose, Character! And also Strength. I don't know what to do, O God. Use me as a living sacrifice, and I know that it will all come easily.

On a side note, I'm so excited for YA Sunday!! :D Even though we don't sound as nice, we're not as blended, our tenors are drowned out by us, we're not even a good performance choir. But it has been wonderful. We have a wonderful music director who develops the talents of our musicians and develops our spiritual service with mini devotionals and prayer. Eze 36:26, praying for each other, praying for the whole choir, bringing out the meaning of the songs through the way she directs us to sing. God, I hope you'll enjoy it on Sunday as we serve Your people. (:

Let the new year begin, with You in my heart's room. Come in for tea and a chat, Lord Jesus.