Post-Prayer
Typing this down because I might lose this thought.
On the MRT now, after a long walk from Engine. Just went for a prayer session at the Engine bridge, and met Maisie and Shauna while they were at dinner for welcome tea.
It was quite a session. We mostly prayed general prayers, but it was indeed a reminder to go back to God and claim His promises. Even though I had went with a desire to pray for SEnT, some part of me knew that I wasn't going to. And we didn't.
But it taught me something. A year ago, when Kane and Jun talked about how the most important thing during our stint in serving is our personal spiritual life, I didn't fully get it. Back then, we were talking about our co-workers. Now, I think I understand. The most important thing is my relationship with God. Not that I'm being selfish, but that it would allow God to use me best. More pliable, more faithful. And it is a response to the great measure of His love for me. Lord, you've given your life for me. Fill me. This is just the start, it's true.
O as my mind is trained this sem, may it be used to focus on You. You answered my prayer; I see your beauty.
On the MRT now, after a long walk from Engine. Just went for a prayer session at the Engine bridge, and met Maisie and Shauna while they were at dinner for welcome tea.
It was quite a session. We mostly prayed general prayers, but it was indeed a reminder to go back to God and claim His promises. Even though I had went with a desire to pray for SEnT, some part of me knew that I wasn't going to. And we didn't.
But it taught me something. A year ago, when Kane and Jun talked about how the most important thing during our stint in serving is our personal spiritual life, I didn't fully get it. Back then, we were talking about our co-workers. Now, I think I understand. The most important thing is my relationship with God. Not that I'm being selfish, but that it would allow God to use me best. More pliable, more faithful. And it is a response to the great measure of His love for me. Lord, you've given your life for me. Fill me. This is just the start, it's true.
O as my mind is trained this sem, may it be used to focus on You. You answered my prayer; I see your beauty.