Growth Season: Maintaining My Tan-line
amongst other things.
I think the biggest take-away I have from SWAT is to read the Bible more, especially the Psalms. Really seeing for the first time that the Bible is the LIVING Word and that it contains a picture of who GOD is. And Psalms seems like the best place to start. There will be tough Psalms, but to acknowledge that I have had these emotions too. And LIVING. As a Life Science major in EVB, I have not yet found a word that describes fully the state of being ALIVE. A remarkable breath of fresh air around it.
On top of reading more, perhaps also praying more, both for others and for myself. Also, as much as covenant-renewal in my relationship with GOD, I have doubts if I am genuine. Their true colours will be shown in due time.
Lonely crane beneath the stars
Lying face-up beneath the same
Lord, break up our fallow ground.
GBG. During our worship session, a painting on the wall reminded me of brokenness. Though I have no idea what that painting is of right now. God reminded me of brokenness. And perhaps the best part of the night wasn't singing for the girls and uncles, but singing for the Bangladeshi workers peering over the street from their second-storey room and talking to a local lady who was hungry for honest conversation. But I regret, because I didn't give her time. There were others who were thirsty as well, but... I just didn't respond. And I don't know why. I just didn't give them my time.
On the other hand, giving away smiles and nods were more rewarding than the carols we sang. I say rewarding because it really warms your heart when a stranger breaks into a shy but cheery smile and smiles back. Smiles are a rare commodity in Geylang. Geylang is a beautiful place, a clash of life and all sorts of troubles. (I need to expand my vocabulary)
We accept the love we think we deserve. Bah. I concur with Jie, sometimes I feel I give more love than I receive. And some people accept love because it is an act of giving love. Unreciprocated love is when we know we are truly loved.
This Christmas, to ponder on the meekness of infant Jesus.
I think the biggest take-away I have from SWAT is to read the Bible more, especially the Psalms. Really seeing for the first time that the Bible is the LIVING Word and that it contains a picture of who GOD is. And Psalms seems like the best place to start. There will be tough Psalms, but to acknowledge that I have had these emotions too. And LIVING. As a Life Science major in EVB, I have not yet found a word that describes fully the state of being ALIVE. A remarkable breath of fresh air around it.
On top of reading more, perhaps also praying more, both for others and for myself. Also, as much as covenant-renewal in my relationship with GOD, I have doubts if I am genuine. Their true colours will be shown in due time.
Lonely crane beneath the stars
Lying face-up beneath the same
Lord, break up our fallow ground.
GBG. During our worship session, a painting on the wall reminded me of brokenness. Though I have no idea what that painting is of right now. God reminded me of brokenness. And perhaps the best part of the night wasn't singing for the girls and uncles, but singing for the Bangladeshi workers peering over the street from their second-storey room and talking to a local lady who was hungry for honest conversation. But I regret, because I didn't give her time. There were others who were thirsty as well, but... I just didn't respond. And I don't know why. I just didn't give them my time.
On the other hand, giving away smiles and nods were more rewarding than the carols we sang. I say rewarding because it really warms your heart when a stranger breaks into a shy but cheery smile and smiles back. Smiles are a rare commodity in Geylang. Geylang is a beautiful place, a clash of life and all sorts of troubles. (I need to expand my vocabulary)
We accept the love we think we deserve. Bah. I concur with Jie, sometimes I feel I give more love than I receive. And some people accept love because it is an act of giving love. Unreciprocated love is when we know we are truly loved.
This Christmas, to ponder on the meekness of infant Jesus.