Week 5 of Final Sem
It has been absolutely crazy. How is it that sending emails can take up so much time??? Well... Drafting emails plus running around trying to settle the things that are required for the emails. Was telling BB that even though I'm taking 4 mods, I'm just as busy as last sem. He couldn't believe it hahaha.
Well... Week 1 and 2 was spent on a few Exco stuff like BeLoved, Engin4Good, Self-Care plus applying for jobs. FT4 was on Week 2.
Week 3 was spent clearing proposals as well, especially pushing out BeLoved proposal for OSA, as well as getting the COMPASS licence for copyrighted music.
Week 4 was tying the ends of some proposals and settling FT6. Also rushed out our Urban Planning presentation plus Freshwater Debate Proposal. Had Exco meeting, abandoned the English Speaking Corner because I was too tired.
Week 5 is this week, had FT5 and Council 5. Still tying up E4G's venue. Sick with flu. Even more tired.
Been reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together, a classic on Christian Community. (Should have gotten the Hermeneutics as Discipleship book at FT5.) It has really challenged me on how I see Christian community, broken all my assumptions and idealised conceptions. Beautiful.
I've been quite weary and I've been questioning whether my heart is right before God, so I cried out last night, God I need Christian company to speak words of truth to me; and today, I met Yeewei (: Yeewei today, plus Joshua Xie yesterday, are reminding me to turn to God and to align my heart to His, to depend on Him to arrange everything, for it is GOD we serve.
But it is also so hard to turn back. I'm a mouse on a running wheel, gears endlessly turning in my head. Been dreaming every night for almost a week now - tend to dream only when I'm anxious/stressed about many things and I can't stop thinking even when I'm asleep.
But I know that God hears me, He hears me with a heart of compassion.
Help me, dear Lord Jesus.
PS. Also, I'm coming closer to understanding the bad-ness of sin. At AnnTiC, Dr. Leow shared a quote that basically said that sin is the anti-thesis of God - "only one can live while the other dies". After all, that's why we cry and mourn for the world. God didn't create the world to be like that. It is broken because of sin.
Well... Week 1 and 2 was spent on a few Exco stuff like BeLoved, Engin4Good, Self-Care plus applying for jobs. FT4 was on Week 2.
Week 3 was spent clearing proposals as well, especially pushing out BeLoved proposal for OSA, as well as getting the COMPASS licence for copyrighted music.
Week 4 was tying the ends of some proposals and settling FT6. Also rushed out our Urban Planning presentation plus Freshwater Debate Proposal. Had Exco meeting, abandoned the English Speaking Corner because I was too tired.
Week 5 is this week, had FT5 and Council 5. Still tying up E4G's venue. Sick with flu. Even more tired.
Been reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together, a classic on Christian Community. (Should have gotten the Hermeneutics as Discipleship book at FT5.) It has really challenged me on how I see Christian community, broken all my assumptions and idealised conceptions. Beautiful.
I've been quite weary and I've been questioning whether my heart is right before God, so I cried out last night, God I need Christian company to speak words of truth to me; and today, I met Yeewei (: Yeewei today, plus Joshua Xie yesterday, are reminding me to turn to God and to align my heart to His, to depend on Him to arrange everything, for it is GOD we serve.
But it is also so hard to turn back. I'm a mouse on a running wheel, gears endlessly turning in my head. Been dreaming every night for almost a week now - tend to dream only when I'm anxious/stressed about many things and I can't stop thinking even when I'm asleep.
But I know that God hears me, He hears me with a heart of compassion.
Help me, dear Lord Jesus.
PS. Also, I'm coming closer to understanding the bad-ness of sin. At AnnTiC, Dr. Leow shared a quote that basically said that sin is the anti-thesis of God - "only one can live while the other dies". After all, that's why we cry and mourn for the world. God didn't create the world to be like that. It is broken because of sin.