YAM Camp 2017
Building faith in ourselves by listening and practicing the Word
Breaking walls between each other through deep, sincere sharings of personal stories
Intersection between the Word and our daily lives
Unlocking the doors of our hearts into the larger Kingdom narrative
Real people meeting a real God, getting a real breakthrough
It was like an Inner Healing Camp for me hahaha. So many things rolled into four days. God trying to heal and restore some parts of me that are not pleasing, even harmful in the long run. Again, the same phrase: "You know your worth isn't your work right, Becky?" Again, I need to learn to be okay with not hitting my own expectations for myself and need to learn to deal with my own emotions. I give peace to others, perhaps because I keep my emotions tucked aside.
I also realised that there are two ways to recharge: first is to be alone, second is to be with people you have deep, intimate relationships with. Ah, after all that sharing at camp, I long for more of the second! Don't have to chat to recharge, simply being in their presence is enough to bring deep joy and peace. Also, I realise that I need to develop my inner circle of friends more, instead of relying on mentor-figures. God has blessed me with many, but I haven't been intentionally loving them. I also need to learn to love by not judging or looking down on them before I listen to their stories - everyone's feelings, journey of faith, and opinions, are valuable.
Coming out from VCF, the whole process of planning for camp was really an outlet to explore the breadths and depths of the Kingdom of God (especially through chats with Hanyi) and especially so to explore them in the context of our church. Secretly hoping that people will be convicted and step up in church, and I am convicted of the need to support those with the vision and direction. This is perhaps my role in the Kingdom.
Wish that I had used Hermeneutics to ask and probe questions about the breadths and depths of the Kingdom, going on a journey together instead of top-down, unidirectional teaching. But of course, it is much harder. Next time? :P
Tomorrow: SWAT with half the old Exco! Hopefully it'll be a time of rest after a socially & emotionally draining YAM Camp.
Breaking walls between each other through deep, sincere sharings of personal stories
Intersection between the Word and our daily lives
Unlocking the doors of our hearts into the larger Kingdom narrative
Real people meeting a real God, getting a real breakthrough
It was like an Inner Healing Camp for me hahaha. So many things rolled into four days. God trying to heal and restore some parts of me that are not pleasing, even harmful in the long run. Again, the same phrase: "You know your worth isn't your work right, Becky?" Again, I need to learn to be okay with not hitting my own expectations for myself and need to learn to deal with my own emotions. I give peace to others, perhaps because I keep my emotions tucked aside.
I also realised that there are two ways to recharge: first is to be alone, second is to be with people you have deep, intimate relationships with. Ah, after all that sharing at camp, I long for more of the second! Don't have to chat to recharge, simply being in their presence is enough to bring deep joy and peace. Also, I realise that I need to develop my inner circle of friends more, instead of relying on mentor-figures. God has blessed me with many, but I haven't been intentionally loving them. I also need to learn to love by not judging or looking down on them before I listen to their stories - everyone's feelings, journey of faith, and opinions, are valuable.
Coming out from VCF, the whole process of planning for camp was really an outlet to explore the breadths and depths of the Kingdom of God (especially through chats with Hanyi) and especially so to explore them in the context of our church. Secretly hoping that people will be convicted and step up in church, and I am convicted of the need to support those with the vision and direction. This is perhaps my role in the Kingdom.
Wish that I had used Hermeneutics to ask and probe questions about the breadths and depths of the Kingdom, going on a journey together instead of top-down, unidirectional teaching. But of course, it is much harder. Next time? :P
Tomorrow: SWAT with half the old Exco! Hopefully it'll be a time of rest after a socially & emotionally draining YAM Camp.
Comments