SWAT 2017 & First week of 2018
SWAT covered the last 6 days of 2017 and today is the 6th day of the new year. Zoey and I had a chat about New Year being a social construct hahaha. After all, time flows from one moment to the next, there's nothing special about the turn of the year. The most important thing is to be faithful to each day that's been given.
It was the best SWAT/AnnTiC I've ever had. Mainly because I'm finally free from the stress of being a senior. Whew. I was also blessed with a fun group, although too fun for me. But in spite of my difficulty in laughing along with them, they love me for who I am.
Also, I think this year was a good year to take Poetry IBS. Almost half the class were from last year's Revelation class hehe. But it did tie in well with YAM Camp for me - Poetry class was a mini outlet for my emotions. Finding solace in the lament and imprecation psalms, seeking a heart of worship in the praise psalms. On the last lesson, we had to present our own poems. Hearing from those who wrote lament poems, the tears were impossible to hold back.
I think God also used Jeremiah to tackle my unbelief, opening a small window to throw questions at me. There are no words to these questions and they're so small that they're easy to ignore. But concentrate on them I should. Indeed, this internship is meant to be a journey of discerning my own heart. But the tasks at hand and my expanding reading list distract me.
The first few days of the new year were spent sleeping; my body crashed after 12 long days and I had flu. I'm trying to set up a weekly schedule for this internship but plans keep coming up hahaha. It also seems that JCUS CF SP53 is ending next week!! I don't have much time with them left :(
But the main reason why I'm writing a blog post today is because I just got a new Mongolian language teacher today. :))))) I'm really excited to have a native speaker as my teacher, especially since it's one-on-one! But my heart now is frankly quite anxious. My wallet is bleeding and the plan to save up is failing badly (shouldn't have watched Star Wars after all). I have a ton of language exercises to do by Saturday, on top of the NPCF workshop on Tues and TM3 assignment due on Friday. In between, I have a few meetings/appointments. Argh. Okay, I think it's mainly the cost that's worrying me. Oh my soul, have you forgotten all His benefits, all the works He has done, all the grace and mercy He has faithfully provided out of His abundance? Remember, remember. Having a new teacher is a major prayer answered. I am thankful, I am. (:
It was the best SWAT/AnnTiC I've ever had. Mainly because I'm finally free from the stress of being a senior. Whew. I was also blessed with a fun group, although too fun for me. But in spite of my difficulty in laughing along with them, they love me for who I am.
Also, I think this year was a good year to take Poetry IBS. Almost half the class were from last year's Revelation class hehe. But it did tie in well with YAM Camp for me - Poetry class was a mini outlet for my emotions. Finding solace in the lament and imprecation psalms, seeking a heart of worship in the praise psalms. On the last lesson, we had to present our own poems. Hearing from those who wrote lament poems, the tears were impossible to hold back.
I think God also used Jeremiah to tackle my unbelief, opening a small window to throw questions at me. There are no words to these questions and they're so small that they're easy to ignore. But concentrate on them I should. Indeed, this internship is meant to be a journey of discerning my own heart. But the tasks at hand and my expanding reading list distract me.
The first few days of the new year were spent sleeping; my body crashed after 12 long days and I had flu. I'm trying to set up a weekly schedule for this internship but plans keep coming up hahaha. It also seems that JCUS CF SP53 is ending next week!! I don't have much time with them left :(
But the main reason why I'm writing a blog post today is because I just got a new Mongolian language teacher today. :))))) I'm really excited to have a native speaker as my teacher, especially since it's one-on-one! But my heart now is frankly quite anxious. My wallet is bleeding and the plan to save up is failing badly (shouldn't have watched Star Wars after all). I have a ton of language exercises to do by Saturday, on top of the NPCF workshop on Tues and TM3 assignment due on Friday. In between, I have a few meetings/appointments. Argh. Okay, I think it's mainly the cost that's worrying me. Oh my soul, have you forgotten all His benefits, all the works He has done, all the grace and mercy He has faithfully provided out of His abundance? Remember, remember. Having a new teacher is a major prayer answered. I am thankful, I am. (:
Comments