The Beginning of the Start
This marks the end of my first month as a full-time employee in FESS.
No more turning back.
Wew.
The question that's been at the back of my mind this month as been: What kind of staff worker am I? And the answer to that question is in the middle between: What does FES need? and, How has God made me? Similarly, I am caught in the middle of being a campus staff, an admin staff, and a preparing-for-missions staff. Multi-tasking at the ontological level hahaha. It's quite strange, though I know the reason for being in all these places.
Another multi-tasking at the ontological level is... that I am in Singapore, but preparing for Mongolia. My time here is limited, to be used responsibly and to be treasured. Yet some things are just so difficult, that it is tempting to think sometimes that perhaps, it is easier to just leave and live in Mongolia. But I know that much loneliness awaits me on the other side.
How's it like being a staff? Well... I suck at being a campus staff, for sure. But I'm not lonely in the office, I have a table... Though the "early" mornings with the admin staff are a little stifling. Archiving can get a little frustrating, it takes an hour to make a significant dent in a stone of the mountain. But it's okay, singing helps kkkk. Also, it's one of the two areas where I'm actually making significant contribution to FES (the other being NC18). So... it's okay so far I guess. (:
I've also joined the Mongolian Fellowship set up by Ariunaa bagsh, my first language teacher, and I am SO excited for this Friday's gathering at Tuvshuu's! Unbelievable. Thank you God for giving me the time to go. (: Also immensely thankful for Nandia bagsh, almost like a counterpart in terms of preparing to begin ministry in Mongolia, though she is returning and I am going. Хайртай шдээ.
But ah! I need to focus more on the cross, on Christ, on Him and His Word, rather than the implications of Him. They are but arrows that point to Him, or leaves that fall from the tree of life.
No more turning back.
Wew.
The question that's been at the back of my mind this month as been: What kind of staff worker am I? And the answer to that question is in the middle between: What does FES need? and, How has God made me? Similarly, I am caught in the middle of being a campus staff, an admin staff, and a preparing-for-missions staff. Multi-tasking at the ontological level hahaha. It's quite strange, though I know the reason for being in all these places.
Another multi-tasking at the ontological level is... that I am in Singapore, but preparing for Mongolia. My time here is limited, to be used responsibly and to be treasured. Yet some things are just so difficult, that it is tempting to think sometimes that perhaps, it is easier to just leave and live in Mongolia. But I know that much loneliness awaits me on the other side.
How's it like being a staff? Well... I suck at being a campus staff, for sure. But I'm not lonely in the office, I have a table... Though the "early" mornings with the admin staff are a little stifling. Archiving can get a little frustrating, it takes an hour to make a significant dent in a stone of the mountain. But it's okay, singing helps kkkk. Also, it's one of the two areas where I'm actually making significant contribution to FES (the other being NC18). So... it's okay so far I guess. (:
I've also joined the Mongolian Fellowship set up by Ariunaa bagsh, my first language teacher, and I am SO excited for this Friday's gathering at Tuvshuu's! Unbelievable. Thank you God for giving me the time to go. (: Also immensely thankful for Nandia bagsh, almost like a counterpart in terms of preparing to begin ministry in Mongolia, though she is returning and I am going. Хайртай шдээ.
But ah! I need to focus more on the cross, on Christ, on Him and His Word, rather than the implications of Him. They are but arrows that point to Him, or leaves that fall from the tree of life.
Comments