Baby Staff Worker
4.6 months old, to be quite exact. And tomorrow, I run my first workshop as a staff worker. My audience, a group of young Christian students from various backgrounds and countries, who will all graduate soon, bringing a mixture of my opinions and their own theology with them.
Yet it's not really each session that matters, but the overall approach, the focus of the staff's personal theology, and how it interacts with each student's upbringing, that they will take with them.
Sometimes, I wonder, does what we do matter?
Sometimes, I panic at the immensity of the task before me: building up a generation of Christians.
What is the role of the staff worker? In Singapore? - Teaching, mentoring, shaping and sharpening?
What type of staff worker am I? - Quiet, but sharp and concise is what I'm aiming for.
Feeling: a controlled calmness but stressed inside, lost yet with an aim. I need to be a bit more ambitious maybe. Was never the ambitious sort though, just idealistic and naive.
I don't know la.
Lord, help me to pray. and help me take care of my body heh.
Comments